Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT PRO / OR / AT GOLD

outdoors

thinking about buying the AT Gold after the first of the year to use at the Colorado river to hunt sand bars for rings ,ankle chains etc. just wondering about the AT PRO and if it would
be the other detector to think about for this area... both are water proof...I know that the AT GOLD has a higher frequency than the AT PRO and will be good on fine gold and silver chains,
will the AT PRO pick up on fine chains as good as the AT GOLD... these finds might be on the deep side of detection at times since the sand keeps moving... its high at times then low..
camp there four to five times a year on the Arizona side and there are some good spots to check out other than drinking beer and barbecuing for three or four days ( that's real hard to do LOL)
and having a good time... I might find something good:cheers:

I have both detectors. The AT PRO is sure hot on thin small gold in the water, I haven't tried the AT GOLD yet in the water(winter here), but when the weather warms up you can bet I'll try it in the water. My Pro found small gold that my buddy's detector would not even beep on it!!!

just wondering about the depth between the two machines... have not heard about the depth on the AT GOLD, heard that there are different reports on the depth on the AT PRO some good
some bad.. nothing on the AT GOLD... (river sand is soft and deep)

I think that the Pro will serve you well. It runs on the same frequency as the Garrett Scorpion using the ground hog circuitry. Also, it can be programmed to your own liking. Both machines are very hot using the 5 x 8 coil. The AT Gold gets more depth in the true all metal mode which the AT pro does not have.. It is extremely sensitive to tiny targets, especially when using the 5 x 8 coil. If depth and sensitivity are a priority to you, and you don't mind digging most whispers in the audio as if you were searching for tiny flakes of gold, the AT Gold might be the better option.

Disc 1 on the AT Gold is very similar to zero discrimination (in pro mode) on the AT pro

TRUEALLMETALMODEVS.jpg

9X12ONATGOLD.jpg

If we put the same coil (either the 5x8 or or the 8.5x11) on both detectors, and the AT Gold is in All Metal mode and the AT Pro is in Pro Mode Zero disc., which detector will be deeper for coins?

Let me tell ya outdoors guy...the AT Gold is a deep searching detector...unbelievable that little 5x8" coil gets better depth that my GTI 2500 with it's stock coil both in all metal air test....I can't believe it! I am so impressed with the AT Gold, I've been waiting for a Garrett gold machine like this forever! I like the tones of the machine, I was never a big fan of the 2500 tones, not much variations of the signal in that one.

I have had mine for about a week now and I can't stop playing with it. It has power in reserve...between 7 and 8 power setting there is definatly a difference. My AT Pro is nice but I like the all metal mode and use that mode mostly out in the woods looking for gold and relics. I can't imagine what the AT Gold will do with the big DD coil. John's graph shows what it will do with the big concentric coil.

SO far the AT Gold will pick up my small gold nuggets that my Scorpion will not. I'm talking like .05 minus gram nuggets.

MY 2 CENTS....Alan

Haha someone beat me to my first post which was to ask which one to go with as my first machine next year. I don't plan to do any prospecting, but if it's better at finding gold than the AT Pro I might consider it. I plan on using it mostly at old house sites, parks, playground, and when I can find the time around swimming spots around the lakes here in Canada. I asked a dealer on the performance on the Gold on Canadian Clad and he told me that it should do better than the AT Pro because of the higher freq. I asked around on another forum which doesn't seem to have any Gold users and one mentioned that he heard the AT Gold doesn't have as good as depth as the Pro does. What are your opinions?

Well stock coil to stock coil the AT Pro will get better depth just because it has a larger coil. If your not prospecting then the AT Pro is the way to go. It has a much better id system built for coins, jewelry and relics...

Outfitted with same coil both in descrim mode the Pro will be deeper on coins due to the frequency.

Is it recommended to stick with the AT Pro's default coil or should I look into getting the 5x8 coil for it? Thanks everyone!

I,am not looking for tiny flakes of gold just thin chains that girls wear around their ankle, rings, jewelry etc. that will be in the soft sand bars. dont know how deep these targets
will be just looking for the right machine to hit these deeper targets and not miss any thin jewelry...

Rotan it depends on where your hunting and what the conditions are. Big areas not too trasy stock coil. Trashy areas or maybe small areas the new5"x 8" coil OR better yet get both. I did and I wouldn't give up either of them both serve a purpose.

EtracTom-AdirondacksNY said:
Rotan it depends on where your hunting and what the conditions are. Big areas not too trasy stock coil. Trashy areas or maybe small areas the new5"x 8" coil OR better yet get both. I did and I wouldn't give up either of them both serve a purpose.

I have to agree! I even got the little Super Sniper for totlots....

Hi Allen...

I'm in Portland and I'm all set to order an AT Gold from KellyCo but I've also been on the fence about ordering the Infinium LS instead to gain the PI technology... The Infinium seems to be 3 years older in technology but on a machine rated as good as it is I'm not convinced that shoud keep it from being considered, especially with what it can do at the beach...

I see per your thread that you have an Infinium and I'm just wondering how you compare the AT Gold and Infinium LS...

I've been away from detecting for 25 years and had a good Compass X80 back then in which in full metal I was able to do some good nugget shooting in John Day way back when... I also shot coins and jewelry and had a good handle on how to use that first detector in some of the hottest mineralization, albeit I had to ground balance every 3' or so...

With all I've read on the advancements in the technology we have today several machines got both me and my brother all hot about getting back into gold shooting...

I've also read and read all the good stuff on the Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Pack, so it too has been a contender except for the fact it's not waterproof... I did look at the AT Pro in depth and we know it's a great machine but I want those nuggets I've found in the past on our 2 claims... We dredged for years with our 6" and did pretty good but now I want a new detector and the AT Gold, Infinium, and X-Terra are my finalists... Anyway I'd appreciate your input on the Infinium vs the AT Gold... I'm concerned too because I thought the AT Gold could also be used at the beach but from what I've read here it may not be suited for wet or dried salt water and sands...

Thanks,
bnick