Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro or AT Gold

Trying to decide between the two. Mostly relic hunt. Any help would be appreciated.

I think it is kind of a toss up for me. I own both and like the threshold setting on the AT Gold and the ability to run in all metal mode. It might be slightly deeper because of that and you would think the slightly higher frequency would be better in iron. The AT Pro may be a little better for higher conductive coins but is by no means a slouch when relic hunting. The AT Pro is probably the best all around of the two. They are both fun to use. The edge might go to the AT Pro because it can do a little bit of everything (iron audio and notching) with very good performance. Best of luck deciding...John

I'm sold on the Gold.... It's done great for me and my hunting spots,,,,, both on land and water, It's a killer amongst iron/nails, goes as deep or deeper than other machines I've had with the 8.5x11 coil, runs stable and is highly resistant to interference in spots that drove many other machines bonkers, loves silver coins, great all metal mode, excellent iron audio feature (very reliable, like having two detectors running at same time)

AT-Gold is my choice of the two it gets the job done for me!

after owning both and deciding I only needed to keep one....I kept the at-gold...

Thank you for all your responses. I guess I'll go with the Gold partly due to the threshold based all metal mode. Thanks again.

The tones on the gold is a little more crisp and it seems to me to lock on to targets better than the pro.

A little late, but I also have both and the ATG is my primary machine. I like the versatility - I live in gold country, and it's a great relic, coin and prospecting machine. I also prefer the 5x8 coil and crisp tones for picking through the trashy sites around here.

I choose the At Pro because I live in non-gold country :p but if I did live in an area that did then I would have it :)