Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT-PRO problems

bigdad75

just got it back from Garrett and I hate to say this but after about three hours of using the detector today it started getting very noisy and a lot of faulting,i tried turning down sensitivity almost all the way still no better i tried changing frequencies, tried resetting, changed batteries,there was no EMI around Ive been here before,brought it home tried it in my garden it would pick up about two inches tops,nothing else still noisy ,tried air test it was noisy but would give me about 6" i know air test is really no test but i had to try, when i first got it back from Garrett i took it out to my garden and it was great no problems.

I know it will be addressed but just make sure the connectors are tight and secure as well as the coil cable secured to the shaft good if you just got it back from Garrett I would really find it hard to believe they would send it back untested

Did you try a different Coil? That might give you an idea if it's the electronics or coil. Make sure your connections are tight for the coil.

I don't have a another coil to try,good connections i checked! it worked good for a few hours and that's it..

I have the same problem. Sent mine in because it was extremely noisy, so uch so it became very difficult to hear a target or get a stable vdi number. Got it back and it was much better but it still gets noisy. Often it will start out very noisy and suddenly become quiet as a mouse. When it does I backtrack to see if it was the terrain, still quiet.

I haven't decided whether to return it again.

grumpysrb said:
I have the same problem. Sent mine in because it was extremely noisy, so uch so it became very difficult to hear a target or get a stable vdi number. Got it back and it was much better but it still gets noisy. Often it will start out very noisy and suddenly become quiet as a mouse. When it does I backtrack to see if it was the terrain, still quiet.

I haven't decided whether to return it again.

i got ahold of garrett and they say they think its the coil so there sending another that i will get today so ill have to see what happens,ill try it and let you know

Let us know how things work out.

Went to a local soccer field yesterday and had time to hunt the spectator area. I don't hunt active sports fields. The machine seemed very normal, the whole time. No excessive chatter. Must be me.

i don't know were you have test the machine but one sure thing is that the beach is not a place for conclusions were ever an ATP is working good or not.
I have master my self after a replacement of 2 ATP and an extra 5X8DD within a month that eventually nothing was faulty.

Thanx god that we have to deal with Garrett and their above perfect customer service.

I had a problem with my ATP, in the recent past, becoming increasingly chatter prone. It became so bad it was impossible to hear targets most of the time. I tried all the possible solutions on the phone with a Garrett rep. to no avail. Sent it in and it was repaired. All that I was told is that Garrett reloaded the software and performed preventative maintenance. BUT, I am always concerned that the problem will return. Whenever it chatters and suddenly becomes quiet, even over the same spot it just chattered, I become concerned, and MAYBE, a bit paranoid able it functioning properly. I know enough to not perform an initial test of a VLF machine on the beach.

i just recieved my new coil today and tried it out for a few minutes seems to be ok,but ill have to take it out and try it,the other new they sent lasted about 3 hours,so ill post when i know more!