Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro question

artman60

Hi All, I own two detectors, both 22-24 years old, after reading, listening, talking, going back and forth, I've decided that the AT Pro is the best selection out there for my needs ( wants). My question is, anybody get any good ideas on how to get the Missus to get me one for Christmas? Ok, seriously, I hope to have one by spring and then ask all my stupid questions ( reading this chapter oughta help eliminate lots of those) Artie

Well, with your detectors being that old, she can't deny that it might be time for an upgrade. I bet she will love the fact that the AT Pro is way less expensive than other detectors out there. Tell her about it, leave information lying around that clearly pictures the AT Pro, and places to order it from.

My wife asked me what I want for Christmas, so I told her I want the "5x8 Proformance DD submersible search coil for the ATPro". She replied "ok...you'd better write that down".

Just show her the following link......then you too can find them. And, as we all know, when we show our rings to our wifey, they immediately take possession. It kind of puts them in some sort of a trance.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?79,1521400,1521400#msg-1521400

Good luck!

Hi all,
You can argue that:
It's good for the family economy, has very good price.
It is good for health, lowering those extra inches from the waist due to daily use.:detecting:
You will spend more time away from home, doing a healthy exercise, breathing fresh air.
It's good for the mental health of his wife. She will be calm and no longer "flies" to be bothered.
Its assets in "cash" and jewelry will be multiplied to infinity, more or less, with a bit of luck.
Using detectors with over 15 years can cause emotional and sexual imbalances, much passion or no.:inlove::starwars:
Look, if after these reasons will not budge, you have it so hard.
Kind regards and good luck! :thumbup:

artman60 said:
My question is, anybody get any good ideas on how to get the Missus to get me one for Christmas?

If you figure this out.... let us ALL know. All my plans usually fail! lol

Pssst, Artie, It is the rings. My wife says so, too. We are behind you here. Go ahead and show and ask.

tell you can find gold and make money honey and nice rings that make her sing and lots of other nice things the at pro is great ive got a mine lab thats twice the price it sits at home most days as the at is just plain fun to use much better on gold lighter less noise and pinpoints great good luck with the wife

Yeah, she wont mind...hey, theres lots of more expensive and unprofitable hobbies a fellow could have besides this one. Besides, I bet if you added up the amount she spends on shoes or girl stuff, you would bust a spring!:rofl:
Go for it!
Mud

Boy. I don't even have to say anything, I've just got to get her to read this thread.LOL She is on board with me getting a new unit, finances will determine if it's a Christmas present, or a birthday ( March) present. Unless a disaster happens, it will come out of tax refund at the latest. Once the ground freezes over, can't really dig around here in the winter anyways. ( But I could take it to the salt water beaches and play with it, learn about it) I'll probably have the catalog section on the AT Pro memorised by Christmas. Artie

Tell her you'll trade an old one in (i traded an 18 yr old machine in) and got a very good price on a new atpro. This ia a very healthy hobby,relieves stress,good exercise, and pays for itself (sometimes even more). I used to save all my clad and cash it in in nov, and buy a nice christmas gift for the family. The atp does very well wadeing in the freshwater lakes (boat launches, beaches and in the water) nearby. THE RATIO OF GOOD TO BAD FINDS is higher in the water than on land, especially jewelry. This 1 machine can replace 2, because it's waterproof, and a good land machine.

How many detectors will let you go from neckdeep
water detecting to the dry sand and back to neckdeep water.:thumbup:
:garrett: AT PRO

I ( we) have made the decision to get me one, downloaded the manual last night, starting to read it. Just a question of when we will be able to free up the $600. At the latest, should be able to take it out of tax refund which I usually receive in March. Since I live in Mass. that's probably just the right time to get me thinking of spring anyways. If the town I work for, and the union get their acts together, and ratify our contract, there will be a retro check, which should have enough left over for the purchase. If this happens, I will be hitting the saltwater beaches all winter. After once through the manual, it seems pretty straight forward, not saying I think I know how to set it up for a particular area, but that understanding the adjustments,and what they're trying to accomplish relative to hunting, makes sense. I think it may be an easier to use machine, relative to my Spectrum, for figuring out the types of adjustments, I'll be wanting to make. I'm like a little kid, waiting for his first fishing rod, haven't been this excited about one of my presents coming to me, in a long time. I like the Spectrum, ( have not had any other land machine to compare to) but cannot swing it for longer than an hour or two, before my arms are sore and tired. When I go to the beach, use my 1280 with the control box hipmounted, I can hunt for 4-6 hours, this is what I'm seeking from a land detector. ( the fact that this may become my water detector is just a bonus). I appreciate everyones replies, and am sure ( certainly hoping so) I will be pestering this chapter ( thread?) with questions by this spring. Artie

I got mine recently from Bart @ big boys hobbies If you get only the detector and nothing else you could get it for way under $600.00

You are definately going to want the 5x8 dd coil. When I got my atpro it came with stock 8.5x11 dd. I loved it but man its heavy. I broke down and got the 5x8 a few months back and wow what a difference. Not only was it much lighter but I started pulling many more keepers out of the junk. I havent noticed a great loss in depth but It wont cover as much ground. Im still waiting to plan a trip for use in saltwater so I cant help you there. Make sure you read up on the tips on settings from users who know how to tweak them for certain types of finds. That ground balance lowering tip for silver has netted me 7 silver rings in the last month from and old school site laden with can slaw......alot of can slaw.

Nirros, can you or someone else let the rest of us in on the ground balance lowering trick to find more silver please? I havent herd about this, thanks, Larry