Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro Question

John(Tx)

Since I am mostly a water hunter I will be using the AT Pro to hunt fresh water lakes with very low mineralization. Do you mostly use the standard or pro mode and do you use custom or zero, how do you set it up? I plan on using the 5x8" DD coil to cut water drag. thanks....

I like the Pro mode modulated tones better then the standard mode bell tone. Also I believe in my testing the Pro mode in zero mode is deeper. GL , GS

Custom mode is the same as ZERO it just keeps your custom settings instead of loosing them when you shut it off. I have no idea why someone would use ZERO instead of CUSTOM unless they just leave everything at default. Personally I run my Iron Audio at 21 so CUSTOM works best for me.

I personally use Pro zero mode with iron disc set to 0 on all my water and land hunts. I prefer the 5x8 coil for water hunting as it is much easier to swing and there isn't much drag. I find the 8x11 coil feels a bit heavy and awkward to swing in the water. Maybe its because I'm a wuss, who knows lol! One thing that I can't stress enough is, be sure that the O-rings for the battery compartment cover, the coil connector and the headphones connector are lubricated with the silicone grease. I made the mistake of dunking the machine and not checking those O-rings and sure enough the machine took in water. Thankfully it was still under warranty and Garrett hooked me up with a new circuitboard installed for the bubble. Lesson learned and I always check those O-rings before I do a water hunt.

I use the Excal in saltwater with the 10" coil n it's work, will wear u out. Just bought the 5x8" for my AT Pro n will use that in freshwater. Thanks....

I would use the pro mode zero with the 5x8 coil
dennis