Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro Question

Drakester

Hello Folks, was out detecting and found a silver necklace 24 inches long and weighs 30 Grams and marked 925 Italy. My question is why would it ring in at 60 on the AT Pro? Usually it would ring into the high 80-90's. Thanks for any info

It is perhaps only silver plated. I found a heavy chain a few years ago marked 10k Italy and it was just plated. Good luck! HH jim tn

Hopefully someone that understands this better will chime in but there is something about the little links and how they form circles that messes with the detector. I had a heavy serpentine necklace some years ago, gold plate, that I was testing my detectors on. This was well before the ATP but the detectors were very good at detecting metal. The necklace gave a signal a lot smaller than what would be expected for a mass of metal that size. Seems it also made a difference if it was stretched out or clumped. I believe it was the PI that it messed with the most, been too long. The necklace came up missing some years ago so I cannot repeat the test with ATP. Wish I could be more helpful, brain cells don't retain or give up the information these days like they used to... :)

Slap a magnet on it . I've found a couple Italy made heart stoppers, that turned out junk. Something made you dig that target, so good for you. You just never know. Hope its good, let us know.

Hey Guys and Gals thanks for the info, the necklace does not stick to a magnet. I tried that test, it is a nice necklace Marked 925 Italy and JMI