Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro questions

Batman74

I'm looking into getting back into relic hunting / coin shooting after a 10 year absence due to health reasons. I'm not new to using a machine as I had detected for 35 plus years. My questions are as follows, what kind of depth can I expect lets say on a US quarter? Does a DD coil give less depth or more, no experence with this type of coil. What are your pros and cons with this machine. Thanks for any and all information. Thanks again and God bless.

The depth depends on conditions. I get a ground balance from 72 to 87 depending on location. My deepest coins have been at 10 inches. A 1979 Penney was first, and the soil was very wet. I have found a Quarter at nearly that in drier soil. DD coils supposedly get less depth, but work better in mineralized soil. The Garrett site explains coils well. DD coils have a narrower search field front to back that Concentric. The ATP is a chatter box and can take some getting used to. It has proportional audio which is great. I can differentiate between pull tabs and nickels by sound. Bottle caps and coins the same way. Changing coils is a pain. Special connections that are hard to access for us less nimble fingered users. It can take a lot of tme and practice to learn the machine well. Took me about 7 months and I am still learning some of the tricks.

Watch some videos on the Garrett site and Youtube.