Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro rings through...

Got a phone call from a guy at work tonight around 2100 hrs wanting to discuss safety equipment for the new hire. Now this guy is generally pretty considerate and extremely pragmatic, so calling this late on a Friday is a little out of sorts...

After we discussed the company business, he paused a bit and then started asking about metal detectors, how to use them, (detecting titanium wedding rings), etc. After I briefed him with a short technical discussion, he said that his newly wed son had just lost his wedding band playing volley ball. I offered to go Sunday, loan the detector, etc... but then realized his son was still there searching in the sand and was not going to leave. I already had the AT Pro in the truck (intended to go today but didn't make it) so all I had to do was get dressed again and go. Park was only about 20 minutes (in this megalopolis that's a stone's through.)

I'm getting old; this place had a dozen or more sand volley ball courts full of kids from early teens to early 30s and it's close to 2200 by now; I was almost in bed when he called. My coworker met me there since I didn't know his son. The son showed me where he thought it was lost. Before leaving I did a quick Google to see what the VDI number was for titanium.

After setting for Zero mode, I dropped the coil on the sand and started swinging. First target was a buried metal stob that set the court corner boundary. I continued swinging and maybe 15 seconds later hit another target reading about 65. I scooped but missed. I swung again (target seemed elusive) but finally getting a good signal, I raised the coil and switched to pin point mode. After pin pointing, I made one scoop about 4 inches and out came the ring. Suddenly the crowd (close to a couple hundred) at the volley ball court burst into applause. I was there all of about 5 minutes. It took longer to find a parking spot. If there was ever an "A Team" surgical strike by a MD'ist, this was it.

That was one happy young fellow though. Made me happy too knowing I just saved a young guy from sleeping in the dog house for who knows how long... us guys have to stick together on these things. :)

He got his ring back, you "found" a ring, you became a hero :clap: and gave all of us a " GOLD STAR PLUS" reputation.