Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro sniffs out a few silver over Easter weekend

larbear

Got out for about 4 hours on Saturday afternoon. First stop was a sports field next to an elementary school. Girls were having a softball game on the diamond, so I started searching the soccer field. I was finding some clad along with the usual trash when I got a 93 signal on the Pro. Up came the '71 clad half, a short time later got a signal in the nickel area. Dug up the buffalo nickel, wasn't too deep, only a couple inches down.

After about 3 hours, I was ready for a break and wanted to change locations. Drove by the high school but there was people and school busses everywhere, must have been a track meet. Went elsewhere but they were setting up for soccer meets, so drove on by. Checked out another high school and pretty much had the place to myself. Started finding clad and junk when I got a high tone in the 83 range. Dug up the silver band type ring. Short time later and got a similar signal, dug up the 2nd silver ring. They are both very small rings, both have the STERLING mark instead of the .925. Decided to call it a day, total clad was around $8.50.

The next day, after taking care of lawn chores and spending time with the wife ( a hike and dinner out ), I went back to where I found the two rings. Only had about an hour and a half until dark, so I started searching near where I had found the rings. Only clad and junk, I was saving a little time for another area of the field before it got too dark.

Started searching that area, only clad and junk until I reached a "hot spot." Got a dime/clad penny type signal and up came the '41 merc from about 5 inches. Next swing not too far away was another similar signal, up came the '59 rosie. Next signal was the '52 wheat and then the '42 wheat. The hot spot ended there even though I circled the area. I ran out of daylight but will be going back.

AT Pro, stock coil, 30 disc, 1 bar down from max sensitivity, pro zero mode.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Very nice finds!!...ya just gotta love digging up silver!
HH