Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

At Pro sometimes high tone while sweeping?

chakra22

My At Pro, sometimes I get a high tone while sweeping? It seems to be at the end of the swing, but there is no target there. Whats up with this? Just have had the Pro about 3 weeks now so I am still Learning.

Turn down your sens a couple of bars, and see if that cures the problem.

Always run the AT in Pro Mode, Pro Custom is a good place to start.

Good Luck.

thanks i will try this---Turn down your sens a couple of bars -- I use pro mode

I don't know if this applies to you, but if the ground balance is off and you lift the coil (like sometimes happens at the end of a swing), the detector might sound off especially in bad ground. One other situation I have heard happens with some pulse detectors is if your coil control is jerky at the end of the swing, sort of like a hard acceleration of the coil, it can false. Can't say I've experienced this with the AT Gold. Of course smooth coil control is good to learn. Other things to check is the coil wire not moving.

thanks I will watch my swing and see

It it's at the end of the swing, it's probably due to the fact that you coil is turning a slight arc, which the machine reads as an abrupt change in mineralizaton and as a result will sound off. It does the same in freshwater too, but much more noticeable.

[size=x-large]"​

Same problem here. I get a high tone one way and a low tone the other. This is in standard mode. Just a coupie trips with the AT Pro. So I am still learning the machine. I have been detecting many years and I di not think my issue is the swing. Could be, but I do not think so.

Ya sometimes right in the middle of the swing I get a high tone and then back, nothing is there

Be sure coil wire is not moving.

Also, if you are using any iron discrimination when you ground balance there is no way of knowing if you are over clean ground. When discriminating, the AT's do not null over iron, they are silent. If you unknkowingly balance over some iron it will be way off balance and then if you lift the coil (mainly when over hot ground) it can false.

Hotter ground demands less sensitivity. If you have enough trash, the machine can give blips now and then and this is usually a sign to lower the sensitivity a little bit. If you are in screaming hot ground with hot rocks everywhere, it takes a little practice to recognize a hot rock. There is a video on the Garrett site about prospecting with the AT Gold. You can hear what the machine does over hot rocks.

A bunch of great help here. All can create your symptoms. One other thing to remember, s-l-o-w d-o-w-n your swing speed.

Sometimes the edges of large, deep iron can cause erratic signals, as can clusters of trash items - good targets are usually repeatable. You can test by using the pinpoint function to find the edges of the target or by raising the coil 8-12 inches- coin sized targets' signals will drop off before big iron.