Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro Straight Shaft

synthnut

[attachment 187362 ATAlmostFin..JPG]I thought you guys might like to see what an AT Pro looks like on a Straight Shaft setup .....This thing handles GREAT !!......Jim

i have gone back to the factory rod and added the garrett Gizmo.............man that really helped and has made it somewhat better...........maybe alot better.

f y i only

I tried straight on a lot of my detectors and always went back to the original that came on it or the s shaft....... Never did like the stright shaft.......But the shaft you made and max made are nice but not for me..........

I ordered parts and heated and bent the bicycle bar end to suit and added an extention on it , and drilled the holes , to be able to screw the AT Pro control head on it ...... It all takes time and money to order al the parts from the various companies that you need things from ....It's well worth it when it all comes together ...Jim

Hi John,
Thanks ....I appreciate it .....Jim

Swinger ,
Garrett has not given us enough cable to chest mount ...... Setup the way I have it , and having an arm cuff that is adjustable like this one is , you get more leverage , and much easier manuvering ....Some don't like it , some do ....Here are the pro's and cons ....

Pro's

1) Longer more adjustable lower shaft that is a much tighter fit

2) Longer upper shaft for better balance

3) Arm cuff that is adjustable and is far enough away from the control box for the average user for better leverage

4) All of the above for better control and less tiring control of the AT Pro .....

Con's

1) Slightly heavier

2) Does not come apart in short rods for easier transport ....

3) Additional cost over the stock setup

I have a can of black spray paint u can finish the shaft :thumbup: The detector stand looks a little rickity, but if U had more pics we could see. I guess the lower shaft is not made of metal?Nice job a lot of effort and personal touch:thumbup:

Hi Bart ,
Yes I made it .....Thanks, Jim

72INCHKID ,
Yellow is so I can see the shaft underwater ....Can't see Black underwater .....The stand is holding up approx 1 1/2 to 2 lbs ....It's strong enough to hold at least 10 times that much , with less weight to carry and detect with, and keep the detector high and dry ......Lower shaft made of metal ? ......I don't think that a metal lower rod being so close to a coil is a very intellegent choice .....Thanks for the kind comments .....Jim

BTW ....Anyone interested in this detector , it has been thorouly checked out by Garrett , and has been given a clean bill of health, and goes extremely deep , does not false , and it is for sale with the original shaft and the straight shaft as you see it , for $600 shipped to the lower 48 states ......Postal Money Order only ......Thanks for looking ....Jim

Jim I think you did a great job. I made a couple of Excal shafts and painted them with chartruese green because that particular store did not have the yellow like you used and it shows up very well also. Glad you got your falsing issue resolved. That machine should'nt last long with spring coming on. I'll be looking for it down south on the coast somewhere. HH

arnie161.....Thanks , I appreciate it .....Jim

hershey1 ........Thanks !!....You can really see the yellow in these N.E. waters ..... The machine runs SO much better now !!.....Jim