Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT PRO SUPPORT

Buddy_TX

Try This again, AT Control box support, what you think?

Looks nice. I guess my question is why? How does one break the box off? I've owned and used at least 9 AT Pros and not a one ever had a box problem. In fact, I can't think of any one of them having any problems.

I see pics on the net of a number of them that has broken. just dont want it to be mine.......

installed on my Pro

Another thought, did you have to drill new holes into the box? and if so would that affect the waterproofing? I believe the factor set up is poor, too much plastic supports.

That looks like a creative and useful mod, Buddy. Those older control boxes with one attaching screw can and, in my experience twice, do break at the plastic post.

About a year ago, give or take, Garrett started adding a second attaching screw and post which should give the box on newer ATs a sturdier connection to the rod.

No, no holes to drill, uses existing holes and screws. what impressed me the most from the other supports i have seen out there ,is most of them just support from the speaker mount to the rod. this goes to the front mounting screws and the speaker mount as well, seems to be a much better design for for support across the whole bottom of the case.

I think so also, maybe Garrett should buy a bunch and add them on themselves LOL

I bought a used at pro that's still under warrenty for another 18 months. So I'm assuming it's a recently manufactured unit. I cant imagine the force needed to break it's housing off that rod.

Not much at all, you only have to spots that hold the housing to the rod and they are about the size of a push pin head and are plastic.

No force at all, Dang. Just gravity and years of usage with only one screw inserted into a thin plastic post holding the box to the rod. If I remember correctly, that screw was too short and didn't extend through the entire plastic post as well.

I don't abuse my equipment. But all the hours of back and forth swinging, outside in the elements with major temperature swings will eventually expose a design weak spot.

Thanks Buddy,

glad you like our design. The AT Pro control box can break off the shaft. The main reason is by flexing the rod or using the rod as a support to get up off the ground. By putting flex on the rod, the screws and plastic supports can and do break. If your unit is in warranty, Garrett will generally fix it for free. Out of warranty repair cost is $85. The AT Support Bracket was developed as an affordable solution to repair or protect this from happening.

Wayne

I now have one mounted on my new AT MAX.

Buddy_TX