Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro User please read!

I bought it to try it out. It was the best tot lot/gold detector hands down of any I had tied until I got the Deus.

Water proof, good accurate tid and good in iron and modern trash. And it certainly is! HH jim tn

It was a birthday present from my friends ... the best I could buy and certainly a detector 10 i'm very happy

From the Saltwater beaches of Florida to the rivers and lakes of Northern California and all places in between. The AT Pro does it all. Great machine!

It being a do it all machine at a heck of a price was my main reason!!

All machines have their advantages and disadvantages. I do love my AT Pro for a million reasons...waterproof to 10', fast, fast recovery, excellent depth, reliability. For the money, it's really hard to beat.

aj

Got sick of everyone around me with at golds ripping it up finding silver and wanted a piece of the action. Once I tried one there was no question I was buying one. Solid solid machine for sure. Especially when I consider the price

finding good targets next or over iron targets. PLUS customer service is OUTSTANDING!! Great detector along with the AT GOLD. I have both

Hi Andy, I am brand new to the forum and I have absolutely no experience with metal detectors. That being said, I just ordered two AT Pro's today; one for me and one for my wife (along with additional coils, two pinpointers and a few essential accessories). I have spent the last month reading everything I could about the various metal detector brands and features, in order to determine which device would be a good place for my wife and I to start. I settled on the AT Pro for the following reasons:

1. Price/performance ratio.
2. Reviews from true end users, at all levels of experience, were "consistently" excellent.
3. This detector appears to be a Jack of all Trades, as opposed to specializing in one area (gold nuggets, etc).
4. Waterproof down to 10 feet (not that I will actually go that deep) and works both in fresh water and salt water.
5. Garrett's website has excellent instructional videos for noobs like myself.
6. The ability to learn how to hunt using traditional fixed tones and be able to switch to the Pro (Proportional sound) mode. It offers a flexibility to neophytes that is appealing and, finally ...
7. In spite of some very advanced features, the AT Pro looks fairly easy to learn (not overly complicated).

Weighing all of those factors against the many options (from White's, Fisher, Minelab, Teknetics, Cobra, Garrett, etc) that I looked at, the AT Pro was the standout choice for my wife and I to cut our teeth on, as we embark on this new hobby. In summary, it was no single thing that got me to pull the trigger on the AT Pro's; rather it was the synergistic effect of all the reasons listed above. That being said, reason 1 (price/performance ratio) factored the most heavily into my decision algorithm.

- Dave

Welcome David and Wife! :clapping:

Nice thought process all laid out!
Same here, ROI consideration primary...maximize the year by hunting water and wet weather, etc....Once a person started seeing the results the members here started posting, plus the youtube vids of massive finds....evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of similar gear...it was not a hard decision. A guy either had to go very top shelf, or get something that was built to go 200' deep of water.
This rig fit a unique niche, truly the one to grab if a guy had to survive with just one detector just about anywhere in the World...

I only use mine for water/beach gold hunting, never tried it on the dirt or even in a totlot...just sand and surf...You are right about the 'Jack of all Trades' moniker, results from the dirt silver hunters as well as the massive clad grabbers prove its worthy of those tasks too....It is a Jack of All and in some areas a Master as well...it hits gold chains most rigs are blind to:thumbup: Good Luck and we are here to help if you need us!
Mud

Thank you for the very warm welcome, Mudpuppy! My wife and I are eager to put our new machines to the test.
They should arrive by the end of the week. Next week we will be traveling to the beaches of the Southeast (South Carolina), so we may get our "feet wet" (so to speak) with our new toys in the surf before we even go dirt fishing in our home farm fields of Illinois. If we find anything more than aluminum cans, I will be sure to report back with the findings.

- Dave

I purchased my at pro about 4 years ago. I purchased it after reading reviews and a Lot of researching. I was swinging a Whites MXT at the time. A very, very, very good machine I might add. After using the AT PRO for over 4 years I have to say it may be the very best detector on the market today. I say that considering ROI (return on investment), weight, learning curve, or lack thereof , Garret exceptional service after sale, features, cost, and finally it is a quarter, silver and gold magnet. I have own many high end detectors, minelab CTX 3030, Excalibur ll 1000, whites DFX, MXT, Tesoro , and fisher. Some of these units, CTX 3030 and the DFX may be a little deeper, but none of them are any more versatile than the Pro. I have paid for all of my other detectors with my AT Pro and still have $1500.00 in coins. I have never sold a single one of the almost 200 silver and gold rings and jewelry I have found in the past 5 years. The truth is, it isn't about the money. It's about the fun in hunting with a friend, waking up early in the morning looking forward to getting out and detecting, watching the sun come up, enjoying all the fresh air, green grass and wild life each and every morning with a friend. It does not get any better than that.

HI All,

I just bought my AT PRO and got it almost 2 weeks ago.
Oh, and LOVE IT !
I too, did lots of reading before deciding on it. As others have said, the aspect of quality, jack of all trades and good all around. The fact that it's American made and that I've heard nothing but incredible customer service from the facebook groups
I've been learning a lot and I know I have lots to learn but I have to say I am totally HOOKED now! Seriously!
I just ordered the Gray Ghost Amphibian headphones, so I won't be limited by precipitation.
Another reason for my purchase was that I feel that this is a detector that I won't outgrow, you know?

Totally thrilled with my choice.

Probably the quality for the dollar was my main original reason. Waterproof was right up there. I wasn't too intimidated at a complicated detector, but I sure appreciate the ease of use now; I don't spend my time dinking around learning it- I just go out and swing. That is important as I don't use mine a bunch, but when I do, it takes a couple minutes of swinging to get back to my old skill level. Very intuitive to use and it communicates well.

Best bang for the buck, as well as Garrett's outstanding support. I also own a CTX 3030 and Excal II but won't part with my AT Pro.