Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro users

bigdad75

I have a question that i want to see if anyone can answer or had the same experience,i have an old 1700s farm and this one area never grows any grass not even weeds i planted one of my coin gardens there years ago,and i can not pick up any coins at 2"- 8" depth not even in all metal mode,its not just the at pro its every detector Ive ever owned,now this area is where they dumped all the coal ash i saw that when i buried the coins about 15 years ago,every machine would ground balance normally and there not noisy in the area,just thought i would ask its been bugging me for years,i thought it was something to do with the coal ash.now the rest of the property im constantly pulling up good targets,just not that area.

15 years is a pretty long time buddy!
Do you think somebody was in there and found them maybe?
If not then I would say it's that Ash they dumped.
I mean, it's got to be!
Pete

I've been thinking about this but never thought of what Knightsquad mentioned...maybe try burying a clad Q or something and check to see if his theory is indeed what happened...if you can pick up a clad at 5" or so, somebody might have stole your silver! I do know that coal clinkers or some type of coal fired stuff I have found is hot, gives off a signal like foil. Just like some gravel totlots are hard to hunt because some of the pea gravel is hot iron or something, but a fellow can still pull coins out of them, so I don't know about the coal ash not allowing you to find a thing.
mud

The coins are definitely still there,Ive dug some of them up just to make sure over the years and found all kinds of silver and clad everyplace else just not there,Its just one of those things i guess and weeds seem to grow anyplace but not there that's just strange.