Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro vs AT Gold Which one?

My wife is wanting to upgrade from the Ace 250 and I am thinking the AT Pro or AT Gold but I am not sure if there is any advantage of getting the AT Gold. What are your thoughts. We mostly hunt land and coin shoot if that helps. Thanks for your input.

I have both, I like the gold for the all metal when I civil war hunt, for coin shooting it's the pro hands down. JMO...

I loved the AT Pro so much that I purchased the AT Gold a few months later. The true all metal mode is what pushed me over the edge. I use them both quite a lot. The determining factors are: what am I looking for and what king of ground am I up against. I will often go over an area with the Pro and then rework the same spot with the Gold in all metal mode just to get as deep as possible. That's probably overkill but I enjoy it.

To simplify the comparisons between the two, if you hunt for gold in it's natural environment le nuggets, get the gold. It will do a better job hunting those areas where the mineralization changes and picking up tiny nuggets is a necessity. For general coin relic and water hunting, get the AT Pro. And.....switching coils can also help with your specific types of hunts. AT Gold gets better depth in true all metal mode, however, the AT Pro gives better discrimination tools for targets.

I had both for several years. I loved the Gold for the smaller coil and the all metal. My GF used the Pro and I used the Gold at Gold Fields AZ looking for meteorites and gold for a few hours until the heat got us. Later I bought the ATX and sold the Pro. I love the ATX for the beach but wish I had kept the Pro and sold the Gold. Pro was much more versatile for letting someone else go with me. I had no problems with the Pro in salt water. Then again I didn't go out in the water with it but hunted at low tide in the soaked sand. Assuming you want more of an all around detector, that you can use about anywhere, rather than a better nugget detector I'd go with the Pro.