Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT PRO - What I don't understand is

John LA

why so many are using and testing in the $200 mode. We're going to be a long time getting good info on the $800 machine.

Hmmm...if they're $800 where you are, I'll make you a deal and sell you my brand new one for $700 right now! LOL! Now if I understand what you're driving at, you want to see more PRO mode tests..well for me, that's in the works. I'm sure others are working on that as well. Keep in mind, this machine doesn't drive itself, there's a learning curve involved! Also, being Thanksgiving I think some folks are otherwise occupied..

John LA said:
why so many are using and testing in the $200 mode. We're going to be a long time getting good info on the $800 machine.

Let me try and help you understand, John.

First off your information is incorrect.

There is no $200 mode.
There is only the Standard Mode and the Pro Mode.
The Standard Mode is just what it says ... designed for standard detecting.
This mode offers a lot of options that the used can control to adjust for his ground conditions and preferences.
This mode has an audio boost so that all targets sound off at the same volume lever no matter how deep.
It also has the Garrett "Bell Tone" for the higher conductive targets like coins and silver.

This Standard Mode is a good place to start with this new detector.

The PRO MODE is the other mod of operation and offers different options than the Standard Mode.
If you dont know what is in the Standard Mode how you gonna know what is different?
(of course you can come here and demand the answers)

The Pro Mode offers variable tone volume according to target strength.
It also has three tones but no "Bell Tone" ... instead it is replaced with a high tone.
It also has a new thing called audio roll ... but I am not going to explain that here.
(you could download the manual and read all about it)
This is the mode you would use for wet salt sand as it has different filtering more suited to that.

Both modes offer auto and manual ground balancing.

So far I think the detector is just as sensitive and deep detecting in either mode ... the main differences being how the target information is presented to your ears.
Since the Standard Mode boosts all signals to the same level it must have a threshold and signals below that threshold would not be heard.
That could make the PRO mode appear to be more sensitive to deeper targets as you might be able to hear those faint signals.

Just one more thing ... the AT PRO sells for under $600 ... not $800.

As I stated above you can go and download the manual at Garrett's site and learn all this yourself.
That would be a much better source of information than what you have posted here.
(or you can complain about people not feeding you the answers on internet forums)

The standard mode seems like a beginners mode. I feel that a good detector needs to be such that you can hear the iron content of a target and have a fast recovery time (reset after target discovery). Also a good detector needs to be light weight and well balanced. I think the AT PRO might do this. I know that some of the $1000+ detectors come very close to being excellent detectors but the one that comes the closes is heavy and not well balanced.

Hello John LA,

Quote "I know that some of the $1000+ detectors come very close to being excellent detectors but the one that comes the closes is heavy and not well balanced."

True, unless you try a different mounting system on the Excal . But then you have to be careful with the cables. Plug ger seems to have overcome these issues with his chest mount system with his new cable guard. I am still anxious to hear how it goes with the AT Pro in both modes. I think we need to thank those who have already contributed, especially Willee. There is way more than a glimmer of hope that it will be great in freshwater and hopefully in salt too.

Best Regards,
Steve

I feel that a good detector needs to be such that you can hear the iron content of a target and have a fast recovery time (reset after target discovery). Also a good detector needs to be light weight and well balanced.

i think john has his own lanuage like me

$200.00 mode ...........i think....he is referring to ace mode......

$800.00 mode............i think....no clue unless he was adding them both together.......but i know what he was after.

i think

got two hours of testing in today with the pro
post later with some pics...........camera took a dive later toooo

[size=large]just a reminder here. the pro only sells for $598.00 on pre-orders. it a little over $600.00 when you go to buy one from stock.[/size]

Do you think it will be an underpriced gem like the 250 was? It has features that would ordinarily come on a unit costing much more.

Bill