Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro with Super Sniper Coil Sniffs out Silver

David53

[attachment 360001 IMG_2842.jpg]

I received a strong Audio Signal from all directions with a Target ID of 37 and from one hole out came Two Large Pieces of Iron, a Quarter, a Penny, and a Sterling Silver Bracelet with Italy stamped on it. I decided not to rely so much on what the Target ID showed and more on the Audio Signal. This time it really paid off. Lately I have started digging more trash because sometimes you never know if your passing up something valuable, plus removing trash is good for the environment.

Nice hunt! What was the audio report telling you? Did you hear any high tone chirps?

No high tone. I actually had a strong low tone, so I really feel I was lucky to find the 3 good targets. I feel as if the iron was masking out the three targets I found. If I had not removed the iron, then I would not have found silver or coins at all.

You have me curious... If you don't mind, scan those iron pieces alone and tell me what you get for a TID. There was definitely masking going on but how much?
When you unearthed the iron where were the non-ferrous items located? On the side? on top? or underneath the iron?

David53 said:
No high tone. I actually had a strong low tone, so I really feel I was lucky to find the 3 good targets. I feel as if the iron was masking out the three targets I found. If I had not removed the iron, then I would not have found silver or coins at all.

The Silver Chain was slightly to the side but under the iron. I’ll test the iron later this week to see what it’s TEDI indicates. There was actually a third chunk of iron within a few inches of the other two pieces. The park where I made the finds is very old, but very trashy. I make much better finds when I use the Super Sniper Concentric Coil instead of any DD Coils. That is kind of puzzling. I do not find very deep targets either. I know there has to be many nice deeper targets not found because after a rainy day, I found a penny from the teens in a previous post almost on top of the ground and a friend found two silver dimes.

I just scanned the iron by itself and if I scanned it with no discrimination, my VD Numbers ranged from an occasional 02 to an occasional 40, but they mostly stayed in the 30’s. if I ran the Iron discrimination up to 35, my VD Numbers mainly stayed between 35 to 38 with an occasional 40.