Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

At Pro

dirtdiggersteve

I was looking for a good middle of the road machine. I looked at Tesoro , Minelab, Garret. All the units I considered had great reviews, but I kept coming back to the At Pro. What I read was pretty good, I thought I did my homework and I did. I know this is a new machine for Garrett but honestly they have dropped the ball big time on this one. People sending a brand new unit back on there own dime. People getting them back and sending them back in .......................I just received mine back today and the free gift for being so patient was a Texas Twister???????? Is it invisible or what? Can someone help me out here. My machine was in the box and some paper. Should have bought a Minelab..................

I have used mine since December and it is an awesome machine.
My only suggestion is if sending it back on your dime is your only issue with it and it is bugging you to death, then sell it and buy your minelab.
This such be a fun hobby and I would sure like to see you get a detector that makes you happy.
good luck and HH

Oak

There are a bunch of folks that have purchased E-Tracs and Excaliburs that have had trouble. They too had to send their machine in for repair on their own dime with 30 to 60 day turn arounds, not a week like Garrett. Plus you pay 1,200 to 1,500 not 500 to 600

Garrett makes a quality product and they will take care of any problems very efficiently. Very hard to beat in customer service.

BCOOP

You could get a faulty machine from any of the main brands producing metal detectors. Be thankful it was a Garrett, who really stand behind their products and have done so for over 35 years. Had it been not built in North America, you could really be on the hook for charges. Look at the big picture....you own one of the best metal detectors currently available. You will find treasures probably missed had you purchased another detector.

Good luck with your hunts for 2011 :thumbup:

There are plenty more good ones out there than bad. To plop down a Grand on another machine that is't safe in water, well I just don't under stand that. Mine goes as deep as is claimed on this forum and I can't wait to start hunting the Water Worlds. Hang in there dig 500 targets and then decide.

If you purchased the At pro in the 90 day window, Garrett will pay for the shipping both ways. I am a little disappointed myself, just sent my machine back yesterday on their dime, however, this is the second time around. I hope they can get the falsing issue taken care of. From all the reviews, once the machine is fixed, it is a work horse.

Yes I think its going to be a good machine but the invoice that came with it said they sent a Texas Twister whatever that is with it and there was nothing else in the box. Well anyways the only place that there is not any snow around here is the driveway and so far I have had a solid fifty ring up and a solid 92??????????????????Do i dig up the driveway?