Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

At pro

william T

I would like to buy an at pro but, I'm a little afraid too because there are so many of them for sale used why? Thanks William T

I think several reasons..there were a lot of them sold is one, so just the sheer numbers have some effect, second, theres a lot of new people out there swinging, and maybe just dont like the sport as much as we do, .takes some dedication and practice to learn...probably lots more reasons, it is not because its no good, or the after sales support is lacking, so it must be some other variables.
Mud.

I think also the idea of "the grass is greener on the other side of the fence) is at play. Alot of people read these forums and think they see a certain brand that is finding more goodies, when the truth may be that the person running that brand may just be more active on the forum. Also some people get a new or up scale detector and learn that it just doesn't find goodies unless they put the coil over those goodies. The more you swing, the more you find. I have had my AT PRO for about 5 months, and I really like it. But when I first got it, all the tones were a little overwhelming. My old detector only had one tone, which was easier to listen to, but was very slow because you were always looking at the screen to see what that tone was reading on the meeter. With the ATP, the pro audio gives all kinds of tones, and the operator has the option to ignore the target or investigate it further. But, a person has got to get used to all those tones to be proficient with the detector. If they cant get used to it, the detector is "up for sale". Thats good for us that like them!!!

Thanks everyone for the responds to my post. I have bought me one after reading several of the post on this forum and looking at the videos that people have made of the at pro.

Considering that there have been literally thousands of AT Pro's sold both in North America and Europe, the numbers are actually quite low. There are a lot of people who can afford to buy one just to try it, then sell it for a great deal for someone else... Look at the overall situation.....how many people are using them and check at the top of this page to see all the relics and rings that have been found, and those items photographed are from users of this forum only. I have found enough gold this year to probably buy 4 more ATS. If I include my silver coins, jewelry and clad coins.....probably another 2 more ATS.

Please feel free to view all my post/finds to validate what I have just said. Just click below......

http://www.findmall.com/search.php?79,author=95,match_type=USER_ID,match_dates=0,match_threads=0

I personally see very few used AT Pros for sale. When I do, they seem to be taken very quickly. Why? The results speak for themselves.

Over here in good ol'Aussiestralia, we are looking at ways to keep our detectors cool - another draught coming & temperatures well over century mark. Forget the beanie - please send us over a couple of buckets of snow!!
Gary.

I have to agree with Edgeman and mudpuppy......Some may buy it and say it is not for me. I also think there are some folks who see certain brands in videos and here in the forum finding tons of coins / relics and I agree, these all are great machines. I would think it is just human nature to want to find the same things and I am one of those people. I have to keep telling myself to look at where they are located geographically so they can find the good stuff and how often they hunt. I cant swear to it, but in the videos I have seen, a lot of the targets they find are not at a depth the AT Pro would not also detect. Again, it appears to me they are just in good target areas. Once you learn the machine, in which there is not a great learning curve, I would like to bet that if you had an ATP and went over the same target as them, most of the time you would also be digging that same target. If I had spent another $800 would I have found two more coins, another button or pull tab today....maybe.....maybe not. I am happy with my AT Pro. Someday maybe I will get a different unit but today I enjoy detecting and being outside as much as I enjoy the finds.

Thanks
Denis

I bought an AT Gold with the waterproof headphones, 2 extra coils and 2 extra lower rods. I have used it once for about 20 min before I was told I couldn't be detecting in a certain place! Spent a good chunk of my savings for something I really can't use in my area at all. I don't have the free time to travel a few hundred miles or so very often. So Its just sitting collecting dust. I plan on putting it on eBay soon just because I can't stand to see that much money just collecting dust. I wouldn't say people are selling their AT's because there no good, There is plenty of other reasons people are selling them. They seem to be a Great Machine from what I have read about them!

i have to seen some for sale, but the ones i have seen for sale have been without the camlocks , the older style ones . maybe they are trying to sell the old ones then get the new style one

I've had mine for a couple weeks now and love it,, not proficient yet, but I'm not one to give up quick, what this thing tells you in pro mode is awesome, I'm already digging less junk and more goodies than with my BH landstar, Bart @ Big Boy Hobbies hooked me up with the 5x8 DD and man this thing is great in trash,, thanks Bart, this one will not be for sale because of a learning curve,, just like some have said learn the machine and it's language and it will work for you....