Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT running hot

vanner

Decided today to focus more on deep targets seeing as the area was not to trashy , and it paid off. Got a real bouncy TDI on the ring, 50-60, and didnt sound to good. A target I would probably usually pass over. Dug down about 4 inches and and there it was... you beauty;; As you can see its got a break in it , which probably explains the erratic signal. Nice and chunky , 9ct. One of the threepences ( tiny silver coin) was a good 4 1/2 inches down also, just a beautiful clear high tone blip. I was thrilled because the soil here is pretty mineralized so a real clear high tone on a tiny coin made my day. Also dug up a tiny thin brass / copper shim which was also a high tone blip ,it was deeper than I would have expected to find it , good for nothing of course , but I just sat there for a few moments looking at it .amazed. The rest of the hunt got me $11 in one and two dollar coins and a couple of old pennys. One of the pennys was in a hollow where the grass grows longer and doesnt get cut back, so that probably made its resting place a bit safer.

A Australian i see, which part of a wide brown land do you call home? Merredin Western Australia for me
The AT Pro and AT Gold i using are working fine in the high mineral soil around Kalgoorlie, i found a threepence over 10 inches in wet yellow sand and that was with Gold using the 11 inch dd from Pro.
Both machines have found a threepence for me at 12 inches in my area, is amazing they cutting deep.
Congrats on your finds, i still not had much luck with rings, costume rings yes, any other ring nil finds.

:beers:

Great hunt!! That ring looks like a nice fattie!

Howdi Ozzy-Jack.. I m in NSW , about 60 km out of Tamworth. Thats amazing the depth you get. The soil around where I am is black dirt, Im told its around 12 foot deep . I dont know what it is about this black stuff , but it limits the depth severely, as far as target ID goes . Just wondering, on the coins that deep, do you still get a high tone on them with the AT Pro, and how old is your Pro

AT Pro i got at xmas, AT Gold 2 weeks ago.
The AT sounds go softer the deeper you go, when using the garrett headphones i think you missing the sound, i using the gray ghost headphones and i hear more little sounds which i investigate.