Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

At the rainbow

Awesome finds Mike!
Any idea what the ages of them are?

I found one of those a few years ago, mine was mounted in a gilded brass mount. Mine is a a Grecian or Roman woman, not likely a portrait of the owner and the hair style would have been considered old fashioned on a contemporary.

The face is likely generic, if one had one of those made it would be personalized with some family crest or initials.

They are called Georgian fob seals and where popular in the 1700s and early 1800s. When most English Kings where George?

HH

Try Googling "Georgian fob seal" and images. You will see lots of similar objects. I wonder if yours lost the handle or was meant to be on a chain. The ones with handles where placed on chains and hung around the neck.

Or could it be like these? With a ceramic back?

21183757_1_l.jpg

21183757_4_l.jpg

Wonderful pics and write up! :clapping: Outstanding find too, your perfect description of the single malt got me distracted a bit...truly a special place you have there.
Mud

Thanks guys!

Now Im almost certain its a Georgian Fob seal, and it have ceramic back yes!
I will go back and look for the rest of the ceramic.Maybe I can find it in the plug or hole.

Thanks again for fast information,appreciate it very much!

Mike

wow, that's incredible! thanks for sharing!