Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ATG separates the wheat from the tabs

au79

[attachment 235712 obversedime.JPG][attachment 235710 IMG_1656.JPG][attachment 235711 frontofdime.JPG] Took my ATG to a swimming hole up here in Northern Vermont. This hole has been pounded by modern technology. The ground is saturated with all the aluminum (damn those melted beer cans) steel and lead objects you can imagine. It is a hunting, fishing, tenting, swimming area. Get the picture?! Sooooo I thought today being a beautiful day I would hit that spot with my new ATG. It has been pounded! Wow! I was able to pick up a dozen coins amongst the litter with 1 silver Canadian 1950 dime and my first Wheat Penny...ever! I found 4 Canadian Pennies two being Maple Leafs and 2 being older Canadian pennies I have not been able to get info from yet. Then 5 Stinkin' Lincolns (memorials) a Rosie and the Canadian Dime. Turn on ATG - select all metal mode - turn on iron audio - set iron disc to 35 - shut off iron audio and hunt. This is the best of the best for depth and iron disc. I also will switch to disc 1 and then disc 2 after finding a covered target. So I do the iron audio check, (remember I am getting multiple target signals put seeing 75 - 85 on the ID at times) if not grunting then I switch to disc 1 - if I still get the 75 - 85 ID I switch to disc 2 - if it still reads 75 - 85 It is near certain worth a check. Don' forget to switch back to all metal before hunting again.

Nice silver dime. Congrats !

Sounds like a spot with potential .... congrats on your first wheat !! :cheers:

I'm nearly sure there will be a nickel or two in there somewhere! I am quite amazed by the target separation using the 5x8 DD coil. in these trashy areas the coil must be swung very slow and low. A 3ft per second swing over multiple targets will yield a higher target ID than what is real. Slow, slow and slower to sort out the trash. I work my way around in a circle around the target till, by wiggling the coil 1/2 inch back and forth, I can pinpoint the target. It takes patience but it can be done and I figure the nickels are being missed with the disc approach I use. I figure there might be a buffalo or two in there so I'll return.

Good job! I have 3 AT-Pro's myself and was going to get a CTX-3030 but I'm sort of sceptical that I will do any better then I do with the AT. I have thought about picking up an ATG and seeing how that does at the different frequency it operates on. I did pick up the smaller 5x8DD coil, but have yet to test it out.

ALL METAL MODE RULES