Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

atifacts?

JoeH

The oval piece looks like a bird is inscribe on it, back side flat. Very heavy, maybe lead. The rectangle piece is lead I believe with no marks on it. Not sure if the other is an Indian artifact. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Home cast fishing sinkers

Sometimes they are cast using old spoons as a mold, any pattern on the spoon will be transferred to the lead sinker

Just my guess

Peter down-under

Good guess Birdseed . . found an identical one w/out the image awhile back.

Civil war soldiers made fishing weights out of lead balls and mini-balls, and sometimes carved them to pass the time...
I also agree with the spoon mold...
The first item looks like an unfinished arrow point...

HH,

You'd have to take in consideration there these item's of yours were found and what they are made out of . From my 20+ years of finding and collecting Native American relics and been metal detecting for a couple of years my opinion is this. The first item looks like it could be flint and I can't tell if it is worked or not. The other two my be Indian treads lead. Check out the American Revolutionary War Encyclopaedia book for reference. I left a photo of a trade lead I found from earlier this year. Hope this helps you out . Dutch.