Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ATMax first impressions

dan b

I finally picked up my US version ATMax in Detroit this weekend. I put it together last night and noticed it was quite noisy. I’ve read quite a bit on the ATMax Facebook pages about a small batch of bad coils. So I swapped coils with my ATPro and sure enough it was very quiet. Just my luck I got one of the bad ones. Here is where the story gets better. I sent an e-mail to Garrett explaining how I tried my ATPro coil and it was quiet and I’ve already got a new one on the way, no questions asked. Would it have been that easy if my new machine came out of Australia or France? Maybe, I dunno. All I know is that I’ve had nothing but positive experiences dealing with Garrett.

Anyway, I took it out for a bit today and noticed right away that it ground balanced easily and no had no chatter at 7 bars of sensitivity. I was in the front of an old school across from my house, with overhead wires and street lights. iPhone in my pocket. No chatter at all. I was a bit surprised because I read constantly about people struggling with chatter. Do they have a bad coil too? Running my ATPro coil l’m not experiencing that, so maybe there are more bad coils out there and people are not aware of it.

The next thing that I tested was the iron audio. Listen to it with the speaker and it’s pretty obnoxious. But use the headphones, which paired instantly, it sounds much nicer. I hunted tonight with iron audio on, and it was not a problem. I discovered a little trick that doesn’t seem that difficult. Turn the volume up to a level where the iron audio is comfortable and hunt at that volume. I had no problem hearing the high tones at that volume level. I dug some quiet repeatable signals and dug a junk ring, a US Wheaty and some 1960’s pennies.

Do I like it? Absolutely. Very positive first impressions.

Just got the new coil and it works great. The Max is very quiet with the new coil and all my others. Dug 2 wheaties around 9” when I was testing it out. Not too bad.