Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ATMax International tone break

dan b

Does anyone with the International version have a problem with the tone break set so low? Aren't you getting a high tone for pulltabs and can slaw? I run an American ATPro where the high tone doesn't start until the penny range. I understand why the international version makes sense in Europe but I'm not sure it does here in Canada.

I'm leaning towards getting the American ATMax just like I did with the ATPro.

I'm in Australia and I have an AT Max International. First off I'll say that our highest denomination coin is $2 and it hits about spot on with the USA zinc penny, so majority of the time our $2 coin will hit with a scratchy mixed signal if I was to use the USA version of the AT Max, so not ideal. Secondly I have several machines for different scenarios, and I use the Max for shallow modern coin hunting as it can be quite profitable here in Australia, I run the disc up to where I still hear our 20c and dig them along with our 50c, $1 and $2 coins all hitting at the high tone, works great. So for me and my scenario it works great, but I can definitely see how in some other cases it would not be ideal, and thats where having other detectors comes in handy.

Go with the model that is best suited for your coinage and make detecting a pleasure!

For me it was the AT-MAX that was best suited for our modern in use coinage. :detecting: :ausflag: