Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ATP headphone jack cap

I got a used ATP. It looks like the screw-on cap for the headphone jack does not have any oring nor a gasket that would make it watertight. Is it normal or, am I'm missing something. Also; on the face of the cap there is a raised dimple with a hole. Is it for attaching the cap to some sort of a rubber retainer?
I often hunt without headphones in waist deep water so, I need to keep the control box watertight.
Tia.

I took a good look at the screw on caps. There is no "o" ring there. Probably not needed for land hunting with just the speaker. For water hunting, you must use the headset, as you can't hear the audio under water, so you need to use a set of headsets, which do contain "o" rings. Are you land hunting, water hunting or both?

Thanks John. I do both. Often in water shallow enough to keep the speaker above the surface so, I can hear it just fine. Still, now and then, a wave can swamp the control box. When I had CTX, it was not an issue. ATP is new to me and I don't want to mess it up. I guess, I just fabricate a watertight cap.