Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ATPRO JUST A FRESHWATER AND LAND DETECTOR?

jimmy jam

After looking at the info, it sounds like a great detector for dry sand/land and freshwater hunting but not having multiple frequency tells me that it is just a upgraded ACE that will not perform in the salt water and would have very poor detection in wet sand just like the ACE.:stars:

but do we know this for sure??will or will not work in the wet sand??who really knows this answer??
ill be waiting for the responses..
hh
john

[size=large]Well John....it's a single frequency machine for one.....operates on 15 KHZ....I'm sure it will "work" on wet salt mineralized sand.....but at reduced sensitivity and with a loss of depth.....lets put it this way...is it a viable substitute for Multi frequency machines like the Minelab BBS and FBS models, the CZ-20 &21, and the Whites Beach Hunter ID ?? I doubt that verrrrrrry much....Don't get me wrong....it's a nice little fresh water machine with bells and whistles not seen on a waterproof machine before.....It will probably work very well in freshwater situations.....but as a viable salt water machine? spend a couple hundred more dollars and buy a detector that is more suited to that kind of hunting....JMHO....Surfdigger[/size]

hey brian i agree with you totaly just wanting to see the responses..my excalibur does a great job for me..im just missing those fla beaches..i might have to drive over your way after my myrtle beach trip in two weeks..ill keep you posted..
good luck
john