Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ATPro Mod.

eagle52

Has anyone taken ATPro control box apart ? how easy would it be ( I like to separate control face from control box to have better balanced detector w stock coil )

A friend of mine has an AT PRO which he accidentally dropped and broke the box ( He had to send it back to Garrett for proper repair and sealing) ...it's got seals all around it to keep water/moisture out. The way its design I don't think its meant to be open. I'm not sure why you want to separate it..it just defeat the whole purpose of a water proof unit. Check out YOUTUBE.. I seen something on it..like extending the elbow rest and it will balance it evenly. I had the stock coil on for 3 months..man my arms hurt like crazy. I got the 5x8 and it's way better now. Hope these info help. Good luck

I also use 5x8 but I can gain extra depth with stock coil .
I found out myself how to open it ( two screws holding it together )
Water proofing after modification is the easy part.

Is there some type of silicone type grease that could be use to lubricate orings and help sealing at the same time ?

I make a GIZMO that helps balance the Ace and AT series machines. But I had some machine problems and won't have any more until sometime in March. You can check it out on youtube. Search for garrett gizmo.

I am not looking for some" Gizmo" I was looking for info -do not repl. w bs.
BTW use nicer bolts and nuts on your gizmo metal detector is not a plow.

Your the one that's replied with BS. If you knew any better you would know they are now plow bolts. Also have made and sold over 700 with no returns. Go ahead and rip your Atpro apart. That makes more sense.:rofl:

eagle52 said:
I am not looking for some" Gizmo" I was looking for info -do not repl. w bs.
BTW use nicer bolts and nuts on your gizmo metal detector is not a plow.

:thumbdown:on that attitude

Hi all
Check out the Garrett Gizmo, for all the Garrett the ACE 150 to the Garrett AT, Extendeds the the handle, check out eBay and on Youtub