Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Att nokta

goldman55

Have a Nokta Fors Core for about 2 yrs love it didnt get to detect much last year because of Heart Attack. Would like to send the unit with coils to you . My tracking button works somtimes but not all time . Would like the coils recalabrated to the machine and the Detector gone over and checked. need address to sent it. so i can get it back for the warm weather. Please repond. You guys Rock i have put quite bit of nokta's in fellow detectors hands. at the club they love them

Thank you for making Great Detectors

William Bailey
344 Fawn Meadow Court
Batavia ohio 45103

First, I glad to hear you have one of the best detectors that has come along in the last decade or two. I have two CoRe devices and I will NOT part with either of them. My oldest, 46, son switched over two years ago to the CoRe and parted with his competitor's brand detector. I have several good friends who have also made the Nokta/Makro switch and have a CoRe in their arsenal as well.

Second, to the Tracking switch. When you say the switch works sometimes but not all the time, are you referring to it physically not functioning, or do you mean when activated the auto-tracking circuitry isn't functioning?

Third, the search coils. Unless you have damaged the coils, such as dropping them or banging them around very hard up against rocks or stone structures, then it isn't very likely your coils have gone 'out-of-spec' so to speak. Search coils do not need tom be 'calibrated' to a detector that features Manual Ground Balance, Automated Ground Balance or Auto-Tracking Ground balance, and your CoRe provides all three GB functions.

With some brands and models through the years we have seen the term 'calibrated' used periodically. The most often noted case is with the Tesoro brand, and the word 'calibrated' really refers to adjusting the internal Ground Balance trimmer on their factory preset models. It isn't really 'calibrating' the search coil, but 'calibrating' or setting the GB trimmer so the detector will be functional with one or more search coils. This isn't necessary with a manually GB'ed model as the operator adjusts, or 'calibrates' the Ground balance manually.

With the CoRe, and other Nokta and Makro models, they provide multiple ways for the GB to be achieved.

Therefore, you only have a real concern about the Tracking switch or circuitry that performs the GB adjustment. That only requires the control housing to be sent out for Nokta service.

Monte

PS: Mend well and I hope you enjoy some good times afield this year with your CoRe.

Thanks Monte

The tracking switch would not come on . I moved it on and off several times then it worked but did the same thing 2 days later. that the case just send the control box in have them check it.

Thanks Bill

I would contact nokta directly via Dilek.

Dilek@noktadetectors.com
She has been busy with a trade show in Germany so she might not get back to you as fast as she normally would but I don't doubt she will get back to you.
:)

Monte said:
First, I glad to hear you have one of the best detectors that has come along in the last decade or two. I have two CoRe devices and I will NOT part with either of them. My oldest, 46, son switched over two years ago to the CoRe and parted with his competitor's brand detector. I have several good friends who have also made the Nokta/Makro switch and have a CoRe in their arsenal as well.

Second, to the Tracking switch. When you say the switch works sometimes but not all the time, are you referring to it physically not functioning, or do you mean when activated the auto-tracking circuitry isn't functioning?

Third, the search coils. Unless you have damaged the coils, such as dropping them or banging them around very hard up against rocks or stone structures, then it isn't very likely your coils have gone 'out-of-spec' so to speak. Search coils do not need tom be 'calibrated' to a detector that features Manual Ground Balance, Automated Ground Balance or Auto-Tracking Ground balance, and your CoRe provides all three GB functions.

With some brands and models through the years we have seen the term 'calibrated' used periodically. The most often noted case is with the Tesoro brand, and the word 'calibrated' really refers to adjusting the internal Ground Balance trimmer on their factory preset models. It isn't really 'calibrating' the search coil, but 'calibrating' or setting the GB trimmer so the detector will be functional with one or more search coils. This isn't necessary with a manually GB'ed model as the operator adjusts, or 'calibrates' the Ground balance manually.

With the CoRe, and other Nokta and Makro models, they provide multiple ways for the GB to be achieved.

Therefore, you only have a real concern about the Tracking switch or circuitry that performs the GB adjustment. That only requires the control housing to be sent out for Nokta service.

Monte

PS: Mend well and I hope you enjoy some good times afield this year with your CoRe.

The two Nautilus 2b and 2ba models have coils that often need tuned or recalibrated. I had some Whites coils go bad and they basically replace them....not rebuild them.