Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Attention all ATX owners past or present.

I have read comments about the coil cord being an issue. I recently bought an ATx and wondered, for those that experienced the cord cracking issue, did this diminish the operation of the unit?
Yes and Garrett never fixed or admitted to the problem.

Garrett never admitted the problem as their fault but the replacement coil they sent me was NOT the same replacement coil other have received after issues first started. I received my replacement coil in 2019 5 years years after issues started. (bought in 2016) The coil cable on new replacement coil looks a lot better than the original with a waterproof coating I have had NO issues with replacement coil. If you bought a used ATX with 10x12 coil and experience falsing check cable for cracking. Don’t know if Garrett will replace your coil since you are not original owner or they do not have anymore replacement coils. They may give you a discount on a new coil used on their new ATX machines.

Years ago my original coil wire failed. It was replaced when I called Garrett. The replacement came with the lower rod and has been fine since replacement. I keep the couplings washed out after each use, and ensure the shafts move freely. I use a portable power washer to clean off the detectors as soon as I get back to my van, before collapsing the shafts. Keep the detector clean and the shaft moving freely. Other than the wight and physical size, the ATX is my favorite water detector. The ProSwing 45 made it almost usable out of the water. Each detector has an environment that it out performs all other, My newest, the Manticore is heads to heads with the Excalibur for salt water detecting, where I spend most of my time. Keep on swinging and "May the ring of gold be in your ears and its glitter in your scoop. WaterrWalker.