Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Attn college age guys/gals or their parents. I have a question.

cyberdan (SoCA)

My daughter is just finishing her 3rd year at college, vet science major.

She just asked if she could take a 4 unit 5 week summer class at her school. We live close enough for her to drive. (she lives on campus during the school year) The cost is almost $1100 I bit the bullet and decided to cough up the extra unexpected money so she can graduate close to 4 years total. Out here a 4 year college takes 5 years for almost everyone.

I just found out this is going to be an on-line class AND there will be the same fees. Is that a racket or what. My idea of an on-line class is that it is already recorded, the student can view it at anytime and take the tests on-line and a computer grades the test. AND the class isn't limited to 40-50 kids, it could be hundreds.

My question: is that how on-line classes are at the college level?

All 3 of mine graduated from the University of Florida (GO GATORS !!) and all 3 had on-line classes at some time or another. The REAL racket is having to pay $90.00 for a text book that actually turned out to be a CD......then finding out the professor wrote it! THEN finding out that you couldn't trade it in or sell it because he changed the "text book" every semester. That got my undies in a bunch.....talk about a racket. They were also "required" by the college to take summer courses in order to graduate early so they could "turn students" faster thereby making more money! Thank GOD all 3 are out on their own and doing FANTASTIC........I dont know how much more of this I could have stood!

He had to do an online conference with his professor every two or three days (which was tough since we were in Okinawa at the time). He had to do his work and then upload it to the professor. I don't know if your situation is the same as his.