Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Atx all purpose?????

rexy

Hello All ATX users. I am now considering buying the ATX as a all purpose detector. This unit s heavy and can be tiring. But I've considered the detector good for gold prospecting, beach hunting, and Relics(especially cache). But I haven't heard about how this detector performs at local parks or coinshooting. I know that a lot of metal detectors, especially PI, do not function as well in park soil. But I want to know what You're thoughts on that would be.

Happy hunting :detecting:

I forgot to mention, The ATX does not perform to well in trashy areas, where it can detect everything. But will the small 8'' mono coil change that? :confused:

rexy said:
I forgot to mention, The ATX does not perform to well in trashy areas, where it can detect everything. But will the small 8'' mono coil change that? :confused:

Why would you think the 8" Mono would change that? ... The ATX is still a PI Machine.

So with the 8" Mono coil you will find Park trash in tighter places that the DD can't go ... and your Iron Check will not work, so you will dig even more iron and steel.

Don't be confused ... Learn about PI vs VLF

Too bad. :cry: Just wondering what some people's experiences on this unit for coinshooting. :bouncy:

rexy said:
Too bad. :cry: Just wondering what some people's experiences on this unit for coinshooting. :bouncy:

The ATX is great for coin shooting in the proper environment.

If you want to find deep old coins out in a field somewhere or find lots of coins in the wet sand or saltwater at the beach, the ATX is great for that.

If you want to find a lot of coins anywhere or cherry pick old silver coins at a park, go with a VLF machine.

Thanks, that explains a lot.

Not an all purpose, however, it works great in hunted out spots if there are not too many targets. You will also dig more targets, and possible have a higher junk:good finds ratio. But if you get an ATX, use it in the proper spots, it will reward you well.

Wow, thanks both of you. Great forum. After all this great information, I think I'll be buying the ATX and the XP Deus.
Happy hunting.

Fom jan. 2014 to March.....I found all these coins in the snow. Where I live, the lakes don't thaw out until May. I do hunt toboggan hills on nice days. My coin hunt since March is much much bigger then the one shown. I haven't counted them yet.

Good pics
Happy hunting! :detecting:

The ATX in not heavy at all when using the 8" mono coil...a real pleasure to swing with it.