Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ATX & At Pro - Gold & Silver Morning

Took a break from detecting Long Beach, so I loaded up the equipment and the dog and went to Sunset Beach, CA, and arrived at 5:30AM. Low tide was at 6:00, even though it was a two foot high morning low tide. I started with the ATX on the sloop of the beach by the water line, could not get to the sweet spot in the trough due to high surf and a two foot low tide.
I used the ATX for the first hour in the dark. I put blue masking tape over the LED's on the ATX when I detect in the dark because those bright LED's blind you, and with the masking tape, the LED's still look like they do in the bright sunlight.

I found some coins, bobby pins, a sharp needle thing with wires coming out the back, stainless forseps, magnet with black iron sand stuck to it, stainless bowl, that bowl was about 5" deep and the ATX sounded several feet before I got to it. I thought there was a trash can lid down there. I raised the coil several feet over the target and it still sounded loud, so I knew it must be something big shallow or something huge very deep. On my second swing with the scoop, I heard a clunk and it was a 8" diameter, 3" high stainless bowl.

My best find with the ATX was a high quality 925 Silver Toe Ring.

Detecting the sloop of the beach with the ATX was wearing on me, so I put the ATX and dog in my vehicle, and grabbed my AT Pro to hit the dry sand.

I used the AT Pro for about 1.5 hours within 200 feet of a Lifeguard Tower. I found a few coins, this day was my lowest coin count in months. I also found a low quality toe ring with no markings, large magnetic paper clip, a lead slug that looks like a bullet, a wheel thing that looks like it turned at one time to cause a shutter effect. I have no idea what it is.

My best find just two inches deep in the dry sand was a 14k Gold Pendant that say "JANETH 8-23-08" on the back.

Overall, it was a good day ... thanks for looking.......

The top three phots are ATX Finds and the rest are AT Pro Finds. I have three more photos, but this site will only let me upload six total photos.

I imagine most of those areas have been pounded hard. That religious medallion looks like it's made out of gold. Thanks for posting.

-
Hi John,

I never see anyone detecting at the time I normally go :) but when I do see people detecting, they are walking and swinging way too fast, and most detect the same area ... "The Towel Line".

The attachment on that medallion is labeled MD39MEX14k - It appears to be made in Mexico, and not trusting Mexico too much, I decided to test it. It does test 14k and weighs 4.3 grams.

Good job SoCal!

Really good day for you your persistence paid off :thumbup:

Congrats!
Paul (Ca)

This is a great opportunity for you! My guess is that the date on the gold pendant is the girl Janeth's birthday. So she'll be six years old in seven months. I've seen lots of kids get iPods and stuff with their names and birthdates engraved on them as gifts. To see this on a religious piece gives you a hint of just how much her parents care for her. They were probably very sad when she lost it. You should ask around, maybe they are local and have been telling people to keep an eye out? If it was 2 inches deep in the sand it couldn't have been lost a long time ago and finding it is still fresh in their minds I would bet. I have been beach hunting for about 2 months, never found anything with a name on it but people have approached me asking me if I can find their car keys. The problem is they never remember exactly where they were when they lose them and I haven't been able to recover anything for anybody yet. Imagine how happy that girl would be when, on her sixth birthday, she gets her special pendant back.

Conversely, it could be an "in loving memory" piece of the girl Janeth who passed on that date. Who knows?

When I was a kid sometimes they would put one's ..... 'confirmation date' on those kind of Saint medallions...

Cheers,

Tye