Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Atx coil cable

undersc0re

Just wondering if Garrett has fixed the issue with the atx coil cable issues especially with the new coils that are being put out. Also wondering what the 2 major issues would be with the atx other than weight and sand/salt getting into the parts. Was looking into the deepseeker pkg with the 11 by 13 dd. Also looking at the 3030 but this atx looks much better in a few ways.

Is the cable deteriorating and self disintegrating, or is it being mistreated ......... I've seen a few of the latter mainly due to ignorance.

I have seen both. I also smoothed over the sharp edge of the shaft sections that could aggravate the pinching situation. I also do not collapse the shafts to the max anymore. No problem in the past 18 months or so.

Disintegrating - bland-new from the factory, never even put on the machine and the coil has micro cracks in it on the inside bends of the coiled cable. No mistreatment, unless it was "factory mistreatment"!?

Garrett use to to have an excellent customer service, I have been fortunate to experience this first hand several times, even from over here .... but I contacted the good people at Garrett's service department first and asked if I could send the item in question in for service/repair.

I found this approach more polite and therefore better than a whole lot of forum fuming.

As to who purchase an ATX on not and for what reason, is their concern and of little interest to me.

:cheers:

Ozleif said:
Garrett use to to have an excellent customer service, I have been fortunate to experience this first hand several times, even from over here .... but I contacted the good people at Garrett's service department first and asked if I could send the item in question in for service/repair.

I found this approach more polite and therefore better than a whole lot of forum fuming.

As to who purchase an ATX on not and for what reason, is their concern and of little interest to me.

How bout you axin' the good people to FIX the cable issue??

After 7 years of use my ATX coil cable coating is now starting to crack. :cry2:

Not to worry, I have given the cable a new outer coating of a different material it's likely to last another 10 years. :clapping:

After 7 years of use my ATX coil cable coating is now starting to crack. :cry2:

Not to worry, I have given the cable a new outer coating of a different material it's likely to last another 10 years. :clapping:

No problems with replacement coil by Garrett for the older ATX. The new cable has a clear coating on it. Also I don’t recommend collapsing the detector.