Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ATX down for repairs.

Hi Luc,

I got the spanner wrench for the cam locks when I got the machine back from Garrett. Looks like it will do the trick. I know what you mean about the sand. My locks were getting sanded in on my first outing and I flushed with clean-clear water after my hunt. I think I'll be wrapping the cam locks with some plastic wrap or stretchy rubber sheeting or an inner tube and then zip tie or tape down when I take in the water. Kind of a pain but it would be quick to install and remove after a hunt.

Have you posted any of your Baltic Sea finds? I'd like to see what your finding.

The coil cable on my Recon apparently dry rotted! It's shreded.not sure how to fix it.I bought it used so no warranty if anyone has any ideas I'd sure like to hear them. Tks...

Couple thoughts.
Spanner wrench from Garrett works well. There is a video on it's use on the Garrett web site.
I find it is best to open the cam locks when they are DRY. Be careful not to let the pins slip out of the two small hole on the cam lock nuts. There is a replaceable black pad in the assembly. Make note of how it came apart so you can put it back together again. I clean mine about every two months. Or 50 hours. I have tried Thermabands (trade name) to keep the silt out and they help, BUT the big tube opening under the arm rest lest the silt in anyway. I could not seal it off as the coil cable comes out and attaches to the control box at the same location. I also use a small 12V power washer to rinse the cams out after every use. And rotate them under running water. Two rubber strap grip wrenches can help in loosening a "frozen" cam lock. Be especially careful not to pinch the coil cable when collapsing the three piece shaft.

IF ANYONE has and ATX and HAS NOT watched the three videos on the Garrett web sit do it NOW! They are a wealth of general knowledge especially if you do no read instruction manuals.