Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ATX False signal when it bump against rock???

QuebecAt

I have an ATGOLD that i use on underwater gold sniping and every time i hit the coil on rock it false signal this make me crazy !
What about the ATX on rock bumps??

Sorry poor English I'm french from Quebec !

Having used the ATX in the woods periodically banging tree with the coil and hunting rock outcrops at an old deserted beach, I can honestly say there were no issues with falsing. Using it in the water, the only time I recall getting some mild audio interaction, was moving the coil vertically up and down quickly from the bottom of the lakes I hunt in.

I have had it on an occasion false when bumping a rock, but it was pretty hard hit.

At max gain (13) I got minor false signaling particularly if I caught and rolled a rock under the coil. The detector still withstood light scrubbing but max gain does make it touchier.

I got rid of my AT Gold because it falsed bad when used in the water. Garret sent me a new coil and it wasn't much better.

Your Garrett coil is bad. Normally any maker coils don't have to make falsing when bumping, maybe just little and in some situations, or when on max sensitivity.

Mine does it a bit too when on max sensitivity.

Hobo lobo said:
I got rid of my AT Gold because it falsed bad when used in the water. Garret sent me a new coil and it wasn't much better.

The AT Gold was not designed to work in salt water, the ground balance range is set to handle iron high mineralisation for gold field work.and this results in unstable operation in salt conditions.
The detector should be ok in fresh water.
The AT Pro is a much better choice for salt beaches but still not wonderfull in the surf.

What about all the 'Other Things' out in the surf ??...at .the beaches I detect....they always seem to have plenty of things that are really easy to detect
If your AT Pro ain't hacking it that day..:twodetecting:

Cheers,

Tye