Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ATX Finds Silver First Time Out On Beach & AT Pro vs ATX on Gold & Silver

-
The ATX arrived at my doorstep at 11:30 today, 12/04/13. It was on the beach by noon to check it out and run a couple of tests. I went to Long Beach, CA, just parked in the back of the beach to find an open area to run the tests. I was in an area of the beach that would be unfriendly to a Pulse Machine. I was only on the beach for an 1.5 hours and most of that time was running a couple tests.

The first thing I found out after the Frequency Scan, Ground Balance, and Adjusting the Threshold, is that sucker is super sensitive. I started walking with my scoop at my side like I do with my AT Pro and the machine was sounding. I thought maybe the machine needed more adjustments until I held the scoop behind my back more, then it quieted down.

The first thing I found within ten feet was a pull tab, then a nail, then a quarter which I saw the edge sticking out of the sand after I got a repeated strong signal, within two feet from that quarter, I got another quarter. Looked like a very recent pocket spill, I scanned the immediately area and nothing else. There was a Volleyball court a 100 feet away that I have hit several times in the past with my AT Pro. By the volleyball area, first I got a washer, and when I scooped my second hit about five inches down, there was an army man in the scoop and a small chain hanging off the scoop. I took a couple of photos, put the chain in my pocket, and went back to run tests. After I ran the tests I found an electrical switch, 22 caliber shell, and a few steel bottle tops, and small pieces of steel that are not in the photo. I will need to bring my ProPointer to the beach of all places. That smaller stuff falls through the scoop and is hard to find, like the 22 shell did.

I never made it to the saltwater and the iron check does not work fully on steel bottle tops, but I may need to get use to the sound. The Iron check did work great on the nail.

When I got home, I saw the 925 and Italy stamped on the very small clasp connector of the bracelet. I couldn't believe it! I should have tried the AT Pro on the chain to see what it sounded like. I'm thinking the chain would not give a good repeated signal with the AT Pro, and I most likely, I would not have scooped it with the AT Pro.

I tested the AT Pro this morning prior to the arrival of the ATX

All tests were with the item laying flat inside a plastic coin case.

Used a 2.9 gram 14k Gold Band and a 1943 Silver Quarter

The AT Pro on the Gold Band would give a good repeated signal at 9", and no repeated signal at 10"

The AT Pro on the Silver Quarter would barely give a repeated signal at 8", you really had to pay attention to hear that skimming the sand.

The ATX on the Gold Band would give a good repeated signal at 15" and I swung the coil a half inch higher off the sand and the repeated signal broke up.

The ATX on the Silver Quarter would give a good repeated signal at 11" with the coil 1" off the sand. Any higher then 1" or so off the sand, the repeated signal cut out.

So! I'm impressed so far! The ATX will be deadly on gold in the surf. I was hoping for at least three more inches in depth on the Silver Quarter over the AT Pro, and it did that plus maybe a little more once I get the ATX dialed into my head.

The ATX will take some getting use to, especially that Wee-Waa sound it makes on a repeated signal
In the very short time I used it today, I didn't pay attention to any High/Low or Low/High sounds, but I can tell the Signal Straight Indicator will help me determined size and depth with more time using it.
And! I may need a shovel instead of a scoop. I can't wait to take it for another spin.

I tried to upload eight photo and I guess this site can't handle small 5MP cell photos

-
I had to reduce the photos by 75%, so here is six for the story above.

Very cool man! Can't wait to give my ATX a go on a beach...

Bearkat

Thanks for the test I was hoping it would be great on the beach. Mine is on the way to me as we speak. Hope do do well at the beach with the ATX.

I'd love to see it perform head to head in saturated wet salt water sand versus the Whites TDI Pro on DEEP targets...
I already know the TDI Pro beats the Whites Dual Field at the beach...but the DF is waterproof.

So if the ATX performs as deep as the TDI then it becomes a go to detector for in the salt water...when you want a PI...then it's see ya Dual Field...

If someone has both machines - this would be a good video to show performance.

Barry Extreme Detecting said:
I'd love to see it perform head to head in saturated wet salt water sand versus the Whites TDI Pro on DEEP targets...
I already know the TDI Pro beats the Whites Dual Field at the beach...but the DF is waterproof.

So if the ATX performs as deep as the TDI then it becomes a go to detector for in the salt water...when you want a PI...then it's see ya Dual Field...

Tests and comparisons have already been done on wet beaches..........but this is a ATX forum, so to keep the peace and not stir the pot any further than what's already done, we'll leave it there.

Incidentally tests have also been done on WA :ausflag: salt lakes.

PB147474_400.jpg

ivanll

Ivanll - please point me in the direction of the salt water "tests" you refer to.
Thanks.

ivanll said:
Barry Extreme Detecting said:

Tests and comparisons have already been done on wet beaches..........but this is a ATX forum, so to keep the peace and not stir the pot any further than what's already done, we'll leave it there.

Incidentally tests have also been done on WA :ausflag: salt lakes.

PB147474_400.jpg

ivanll

WTG SouthCalbeachScanner,

Please continue to share future hunts with us, Curious to hear how well it does in Ocean wet sand. I know some of the fellows what to hear how the ATX does in ocean surf and to be honest even if it has some wave action I'd be happy as a lark to hear it does well in ocean wet sand that's good enough for me.

Good luck on future hunts, Keep us posted.
Paul (Ca)