Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ATX finds small gold again

Syd BC

The local swimming beach produced a small handful of coins this afternoon but I'm most pleased at how the ATX continues to find these small gold rings. This little 10K is only .8 grams and smaller than a dime. Got it in one scoop so don't know how deep it was but it sounded good. This ring was far from shore. Has anyone else noticed that, on city beaches, as you move away from the shore, you can increase the sensitivity several notches with good stability, and the reverse when moving back to shore. I'm sure it's the EMI effect from buildings, cars, phones and everything else. This is my favorite time of year for water detecting. The weather is great, but nobody is at the beach.

Last year...last water hunt, I was walking (still in the water) to call it a day, when I got a nice high-low. I figured another bottle cap, but like you, got a tiny gold ring. Got to love it! Enjoy you hunting Syd. They are calling for mixed rain/snow in Edmonton this weekend. :(