Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ATX for Lake and River hunting on the way but have a Quick question

I'm having alot of trouble with a new spot which is a freshwater river I'm hunting. The mineralization/heavy blacksand is driving me nuts. The Excal can't even get to the good stuff. There are guys with CTX 3030 units that can't get to the gold jewelry through the heavy mineralization either. And for single frequency units...forget about it. I've even had my Infinium there also and it has problems. Is the ATX a machine that is better suited for this type of environment?
The good stuff is about 10" deep where the sand meets the gravel. But there's so much blacksand and iron that hides the gold jewelry. I love hunting with pi units in freshwater so I'm up for the challenge.

Hello Darrell,

Congratulations with getting the ATX, wise decision for our West Coast fresh water mineralization.

Denny borrowed my ATX two months ago, withing two weeks he ordered one and since recovered 7 or 8 gold rings all with the ATX.

Some fresh water mineralization is extreamly tough, so in some areas you'll still encounter the ATX having stability issues. When this happens, reduce sensitivity and only use what the sand calls for and always conduct a proper GB. Most of the time, you can run with full sensitivity but some tougher sand requires less sens.

Another form of improving stability is the 8" coil, smaller foot print this small coil is great and much easier to use wading in water.

Plus, don't worry about checking targets with the iron feature using the DD. Smaller gold jewerly or with deeper targets the iron feature will not work, that's normal even with the GPX series. Just dig it all, not uncommon digging pull tabs and good jewerly at depths beyond 10", 11", 12" or deeper in black sand mineralization. Plus, the ATX is super sensitive on small gold jewelry. You won't miss the smaller gold, plus the ATX is waterproof.

We'll have to get together someday in the future, currently have priorities keeping me close to home maybe later in the warmer months ahead can break away for a day.

If you need help, don't hesitate to give me a call or an email.

All the best,
Paul

No problem Darrell,

You'll do fine with the stock DD coil, it auctally is more sensitive to small gold than the 8" mono coil.

The advantages with the 8" coil, are much easier to wade in water and better stability in extreamly tough black sand, what you loose with depth because the 8" mono is smaller you'll gain some back with higher sensitivity because of better stability.

Also, The 8" is much easier on the arm. You'll loose the iron check feature with the mono but that's ok, those deeper signals iron check won't ID them.

Paul

Hi Lake Hunter,,

If there is a lot of deep iron in that river the ATx gone drive you nuts , for iron polluted sites its with his poor discr. the ATX is no reel option .
I have in Germany a beach close to a shipyard with the ATX i can dig all day over there. can only use the Excall or CTX . but i can't imagine that black sand can be a big issue for the ATX.