Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ATX New coil

Limalot

Waiting for the Mono coil to arrive, should be tomorrow. I hope it has better depth than the DD which is very good. Yet to get onto some yellow, plenty of bullets, shells and wire.Will be a couple of weeks before I can get to test it out. Living the dream in NE Victoria, Australia.

Good to hear hope it work out for you in Vic. ......Ordered the " Garrett 11x13" Mono Closed Search Coil (ATX)" more than 5 weeks ago, never got it so gave up on that deal.

Had the Mono out today on an area I have been over with the dd, It did pick up a feint signal which I dug and did not find anything. signal was there 3 lights and after 20 min dig - check - dig; it just dissapeared, Coil does seem to false slightly on Max Sens, not as bad as the DD. Picked up a .22 lead and a .223 steel casing badly rusted in another area, casing screemed and seemed to radiate into the degrading granite rock, over a 2 ft area ; thought I may be on a reef. Both were on the surface. Yellow light started blinking just as I got the shell signal but still worked very well in the 10 min to find the shell.
I think the Mono is giving stronger signals than the DD, time will tell; now have to get to an area with yellow in it.

Hi there,
Thanks to hear that, i wish you may tell us more. I need to upgrade to one of the two oils, but i don't know which is better the dd or mono. I am targeting small gold, 0.1g or smaller on highly mineralized soils, i am trying to avoid getting sdc 2300, please help if there is hope there, has been using atx since 2013,should i buy the coil, or get sdc

MOSES

Moseskhumalo said:
Hi there,
Thanks to hear that, i wish you may tell us more. I need to upgrade to one of the two oils, but i don't know which is better the dd or mono. I am targeting small gold, 0.1g or smaller on highly mineralized soils, i am trying to avoid getting sdc 2300, please help if there is hope there, has been using atx since 2013,should i buy the coil, or get sdc

MOSES

I'm sure this is probably old news by now but Steve said in another post that the DD is vastly superior for small gold due to the huge increase in the magnetic field in the middle 5 inches of the coil. I can't remember which topic it was in but he is a wealth of knowledge so I take it to be fact.

The Infinium 7 x 3.5" DD coil works for me on the ATX when searching for tiny gold pickers, 10 x 5" DD coil can also be used for beach work.

I have since got a 4500, got good gold straight away, the ATX sits in the corner, If you want gold you can't go past the 4500. the coil selection is vast, My favorite is the coiltec 11" elite. The weight of the ATX killed it, plus the coil cable problems.