Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ATX Relaxation

lytle78

I recently scored what might be the first second-hand ATX. Nice machine, but the first owner took it to the beach - fresh water - licked it to make sure - no salt, but fine white sand was much in evidence. So me and my new baby had a nice, hot, long shower, kinky perhaps, but we both felt much better afterwards!

OK - enough weirdness. So far my impressions are, smaller than I expected, but heavy as lead.

Now it will have to fight for a place in my detector harem. TDI, Minelab SD-2100 and the ATX. Like Thunderdome (more or less). Three detectors in and maybe less than three out.

What do I want? Water hunting (oops, that introduced a fourth candidate, my Whites DF PI) and gold nuggets small to large. The ATX's reputation is pretty small to OK large at OK depth, but will it do as deep in bad ground as the SD-2100? And what about the TDI? In mild ground (or at the beach) can the ATX beat out the TDI when I switch off the GB on the TDI.

Oh well, I will have fun forming my opinions.

I too have showered with my detectors....too funny! The ATX should serve you well in the water. It ID's iron for coin sized objects to about 6 inches. Larger targets deeper. I have done well with mine this summer, and I hunt only fresh water. Below are my coins and rings from last year.