Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ATX shaft not collapsing completely

gordo

For some reason the inner shaft section of my detector binds up on the coiled cable inside it and will not collapse completely. It leaves a couple inches exposed and wont fit in the carry bag. I dont want to mash up the cable by forcing it. Seems to happen no matter what sequence I loosen the cams and collapse down the shaft sections.
Anyone else having this problem? Any simple solutions or procedures that I'm missing?

Other than that this is one kick butt machine!!!!

Thanks,

Hold the detector straight up and down and jiggle it a little while pulling in the stems, mine does this too especially on the last stem.

Hi gordo,

You can also take off the coil and twist the coiled wire some before reconnecting the coil wire. That may help to tighten the coil of the wire some so it doesn't snag on the shaft when collapsing the shaft.

And while you have the coil off, if you feel any sharp edges on the end of each of the shafts, try sanding or scrape the sharp edge off with a razor knife.

Check This Video...it might help with dissassembly!

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_atx_instructional_pt2_video.aspx

Add a few more turns to the cable to make it tighter....you can do this with the coil still connected to the control box by loosening the sliding arm grip, lifting the locking spring, pulling the shaft out a little and turning 360 degrees a few times. Put a few more turns in the coiled part of the coil cable.....then all good!