Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ATX vs Minelab 4500

Limalot

Bought a Minelab 4500 second hand on 9 March , have picked up 25.12g since. Including a 24.55g nug.Smallest bit is 0.10g. I can now cancel the bulk order of steroids to carry the ATX around. Happy - Happy swinging all.

I used to have the 3500 and then a 5000. Does your 4500 have the heavy backpack battery or have you converted over to the lightweight "side attached" battery?

I have the Back pack standard battery, but I am thinking toward the lighter batterys and have ordered a cover with the side pouch.

I still have a 1 year warranty left on the ATX. If the cable crumbles again within that time frame it will be off to Garrett for warranty repair and then off to the classifieds!

Limalot said:
I have the Back pack standard battery, but I am thinking toward the lighter batterys and have ordered a cover with the side pouch.
If you do any heavy brush hunting (as I did) the "unattached" back pack battery will give you lots more freedom from tangles in the brush. Not to mention a lighter load.

Only the ATX cables are defective and have been since the git go--Garrett is aware of the issue,but refuses to address it.
Not sure where they are manu.
THE reason I haven't and won't buy the ATX.

Have upgraded the 4500 to Wireless headphones and the side battery holder, what a differance; No cables to tangle. Up to 40 g of colour, so have paid for the 4500, Garrett zip. Had the wireless headphones on the ATX and it was good clear sounds,great with no cables; but allas no colour either.

I bought a Deteknix wireless setup, was a lot cheaper than the Garrett or the Minelab and work great. Very compact and lite, differant head phones to suit.

Limalot said:
I bought a Deteknix wireless setup, was a lot cheaper than the Garrett or the Minelab and work great. Very compact and lite, differant head phones to suit.

I also use a set of Deteknix wireless headphones on my TDI Pro,was pleasantly surprised how good they actually are,these stay on the detector all the time,possibly not as long battery life as the Garrett ones but i can usually get the best part of a days detecting before i need a quick battery top up at lunch time and that is just too be on the safe side,would probably go all day on a full charge.

Have had mine for about 2.5 years and still working fine,so they certainly get my vote