Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ATX

ironarmknives

bought me a ATX yesterday …. never had a PI machine before i do have v3i, excalibur,xp deus, so we'll see if i like the ATX plan on some gold hunts this dessert season the wife likes to ride her buggy with the family next door so i go to well be the good husband and go "just to fix the buggy when she screws it up …." LOL i metal detect all weekend…. so maybe this ATX will help…. also for the beach just don't know if i want to stop using the excalibur it works so well….

The ATX will outperform the Excalibur (in the right environments), especially IF the beach you are at has any black sand or other highly mineralized ground that the Excalibur has a more difficult time penetrating than the ATX does. Simply its the difference between the VLF and PI detectors. I also hated to put the Excalibur down, BUT, boy was I missing a lot.
Here in New England there is no choice, the Excalibur for recent drops in the summer time, the ATX in the off seasons (the Infiniium before I was give the ATX last Christmas) are the main detectors I use. Of course with any PI you will dig more trash than with a discriminating VLF.

Enjoy the new ATX, take the time to learn it, and KEEP THE CAMS CLEAN! Don't let it drive you buggy, leave that to your wife.

May the ring of gold be in your ears and its glitter in your scoop.

I am buying an ATX Deepseeker and wanted to know from those who own ATX detectors if their is a big difference using the DD coil or the smaller mono coil in fresh water lakes. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.