Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Au "discovered" in of all places..... (posted with Hannah's permission)

Ralph In CT

Hannah's home recording studio!!

Hi Folks...

Nope, haven't been detecting yet this year... but I promise I'll be back into it shortly...

Music has kind of put the kuh-bosh to any of my free time for detecting over the past few years.... NOT complaining mind you!!

However, I have a way of attracting "gold nuggets" of sorts... And I have another one here, playing in the studio... right now!!

Received an email from Vern (for Hannah) tonight... an MP3 file attached that Vern wanted me to audition....

Hannah did a recording, at home, of "Dream A Dream"... a la "Celtic Woman-ish" style.

"Gaf, do me a favor... give a listen & tell me what you think...."

Ok, lemme get this straight... I'm into R & B/Funk... Tower of Power/Chicago/Quincy, etc... and I'm gonna "rack up" a young lady doing a "Celtic" tune? I GOTTA be out of my mind.... (NO comments outta youz that know that to be fact!! :lmfao: :lmfao: )

30 seconds into the song, I had GOOSE BUMPS!! SERIOUSLY!!! :yikes: :yikes:

NOT being self serving here.... but... it takes an awful lot, musically, to impress this seasoned funk-meister/rocker....

Folks, lemme tell yuhz.... Hannah can sing!! What a voice!!! "Lilting" and "Angelic" are the words that I can think of to describe it.

I immediately sent Vern the telco number here in Gaff-Land... and had the pleasure of talking with both Hannah & Cooter... (pssst... did you really think he'd let me talk to her alone?!?! She's 19 now... seems like only yesterday we were looking at pics of a toddler... WOW, time sure flies!!)

Hannah and I were exchanging ideas ... I asked her for some information ... how she did "this"... how she did "that" ... and on receipt of some massive files, I'm going to try to do some things to Hannah's "raw tracks" here with my digital bag - o - audio - tricks!! Then, I'll hopefully cajole The General into giving me a hand with posting a link to this "Au Mp3" file of Hannah... (should she give me/us permission to do so.... ;) ) ... so that you might enjoy this young lady's voice....

Lemme tell yuh'z, Hannah has "IT".... (She must take after her mom... cuz we all know that Cooter couldn't carry a tune if it was packed in a suitcase for him!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:)

Excellent job, Hannah... :thumbup: :thumbup:

"Lay in" another lead vocal track if you have the time, then send everything up to me... ;)

Stay tuned.... and my best.... duh Gaff

n/t

I know you know what I am talking about Gaffer :thumbup:

Louis Armstrong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5IIXeR5OUI&feature=related

Louis Armstrong in his later years, still had it :thumbup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnRqYMTpXHc

Thanks Gaf for the heads up, nothing surprizes me anymore about the Cross Girls, they come from good American stock, great up bringing, high values on the simple things in life, tons of natural talent and were allowed to explore that talent, good job Sharon and Vernon :clapping:

n/t