Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Audio quality?

Just wondering which Tesoro you guys think has the most descriptive audio? I have a compadre and the audio is ok. I like the single tone audio not the multi tone. I am a park jewelry hunter and have found the single tone no vid detectors to work best for me. I am mostly looking at the lobo st or Vaq. for the higher freq. I have used the Outlaw, Silver micromax, Conquistador, Bandido 2, and silver saber 2. I didnt really get the Outlaw. I dont know why. The Silver micromax had good audio.

For me I like the Eldorado Umax, followed up by the Silver Umax. The Eldorado seems to have a bit more rasp and crackle over trash. I dig a bit more trash with the Silver Umax due to targets sounding a bit better, the Eldorado really speaks to me. I love the audio frequency of these detectors. The Vaquero is a great machine but the audio tone is too low for my ears. I have not hear one of the high tone models to see how that compares. I think the Outlaw is the same audio frequency of the Eldorado/Silver line? There are a lot of great options, good luck.

To be honest I haven't tried any of Tesoro's offerings since around the year 2000. So far of all the different Tesoro's I have tried thru the years (1987-2000)... for me I like the audio of the original Bandido. It's audio is really modulated allowing me to hear and estimate the target size and depth.There maybe some other Tesoro's with audio just as good that I have never tried:shrug: The true answer to this question has to do with ones hearing ability and own personal preference cause we all have our likes and dislikes...just my 2 cents:detecting:

outlaw finds gold :biggrin: well they all do just have to dig a lot :bouncy: really only looking for sound of the target size for jewellery hunting , coins a bit easier to tell but the rings etc just dig, heard others say they can tell a ring from a pulltab and yeah I can say 99.9% of the time its a pulltab too :lmfao:

and yes tabs scream and can be scratchy so why dig them? because they mask the quieter gold signals , its a huge issue when park gold hunting of cause the strong signals tabs etc will win out its just how it is, yeah might pick a ring out of the junk pile every now and then , but the majority remain from target masking just as with coins but even more so with rings as they are not uniform in size metal content etc.. and gold of a higher K will have a weaker signal than a tab ..

so really the question is how to hunt for jewellery not what machine to use :biggrin:

every Tesoro I own have owned has found gold.

AJ

sometimes the best tools to use are a shovel and sifter if you want to find it all. Ha! Here locally I know of one spot in a park that was founded back in 1924(which had some history before that date)that has an old concrete picnic bench just inside the wooded area and completely out of sight from public view. Thru the years because of being "out of sight" from public view I think it was frequented by drinking parties and lovers. I have searched this place a couple of times(only briefly...due to life)and found a couple of wheat pennies(40's and 50's) along with pull-tabs from the earliest design to present in unbelievable numbers while using a 7" Tesoro and Troy coil. Hopefully Santa will bring me some detecting time this year over the holidays to go back in with a 4" coil on one of my Tesoro's cause there just has to be some Christmas cheer mixed in there:) HH & HH!
'

I have found gold with every Tesoro I gave a chance. There were a few I just bought and resold. I dig a lot of foil signals. I use a Compadre with a 5.75 coil with Sens, and Ground balance mods. Most of the time. Then I dig, dig, dig. The Compadres only issue is when signals get weak they start to break up instead of get quieter like on a VCO detector. I would love a Compadre with VCO.

I like the Tejon because the audio tone is adjustable to match my hearing preference. A good set of high ohm headphones is a must, I use Grey Ghost originals. You really notice the difference if you compare them to standard stereo headphones, even the higher end ones.

Lobo st