Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:ausflag:Another winner to the Tracker IV!

nugget

Hi all, I got a call last wednesday night, a middle aged bloke had lost his fathers (deceased) ring. It was a very nice 18ct Gold ring with a large Oval Onyx inset. It was already just on dark but I told him I'd put some effort in and if I did'nt find it I'd try thursday morning. I was just about to give up for the night and on the last sweep Bingo! there it was, down a little bit in the grass. It would have almost been impossible to find it without a detector. He and his wife were very grateful to get it back. The Tracker IV again proving it's worth as a very capable unit, and I still have a 100% strike rate on all callouts. Man I love my job!!! Live your dreams! Nugget.:detecting:

I have had my Tracker IV for 2 yrs now.I have found about $400.00 worth of stuff. I never got a manual with mine but an old guy how we would go out and detect together kind of showed me the ropes. He had a Whites ,Garret & Torso and I always came out better then him. As to date I have found 9 silver rings. It seems that silver is all I find when it comes to Jewelry. I Thought that I needed a better detector to find Gold but I have been reading some of you messages
and lean some of the mistakes I have been making. Couple of ?s I have are: 1. How or who do I sell the Silver rings to? 2. I need another detector and I wanted to up grade what should I get?
Thanks for you great stories. Tyrus

Hey Tyrus, I clean my gold and silver jewelery and sell them at the local markets, you pay for a booth and away you go! If they are too far gone to sell as jewelery items, then I scrap mine. You will find refiners in the detecting magazines, and the phone directories as well. I'll give you the necessary info on how to know what your gold, platinum or other precious metals are worth. " Gold or Platinum price on the day divided by 31.1 divided by 24 x karat x the weight of the item"You'll always know what your gold etc is worth. I sell mine at very reasonable price, I'd sooner have them sold then have to hang on to them. Detecor choice will depend on what type of detecting you want to do, If it's beaches and Gold then there are many reasonable all rounders on the market. For the beach I use the Infinium LS from Garrett, especially the wet sand. I can pick up Ozzie 50c pieces at 18" no sweat. It is a brilliant all rounder and the best in my opinion. I scuba with it, do the goldfieds, dry sand at the beach, wet sand at the beach, surf, very impressive unit.(my opinion only). No matter what detector you use your technique must be good. Don't sell your tracker IV when you upgrade, you'll need a back up unit. Live your dreams! HH regards Nugget.:detecting: