Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:ausflag:Catalogue arrived today.

nugget

Hi all, I finally sent off for the BH catologue. Now I know what detector is what! I must say they certainly make a lot of models. I still love my babies even if they don't look as flash as the top end units. Live your dreams! HH regards Nugget.:detecting:

Nugget, from the posts I've seen, looks like your machines do a fine job. I am not really sure what the real expensive machines give you.

Hey Nugget was this by any chance the 2008 catalog,as i would like to see the new models myself.Thanks for your reply in advance........HappyHunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They sent me a price list with my catalog, did you get a copy of the price list with yours? I may want to get a Landstar just because it tells you how deep you find is.

Hi all, my catalog must be 2007 it does'nt have a date on it and there is no mention of the "commando" in it. With all the units they make you'd think they would be up to date with their Info! :detecting:How many of you guys use the 10" coil, I hope they can make a new 10" coil cover as the old one fills up with sand every 20 seconds or so and you waste time emptying it plus it causes fatigue. A 10" cover in the 8" format would be more sensible. HH regards Nugget.

SO NUGGET you have used the coil covers yes? do they affect the quality of the detecors power at all? let me know ok? thanks my friend:detecting:

Hi Scott, They will not interefere with depth in any way at all, except maybe the 1 millimeter thickness they are made of! When you do as much beach work as I do you wear out coils very quickly. I could'nt afford to replace coils every few months, the covers are cheaper to replace. I don't know how any one can say that coil covers affect depth. I suppose some people are simply misinformed, or have'nt done their home work. It's good to ask questions like this Scott, because I'm certain there are other people out there wondering themselves. It's what makes this forum so good, people asking questions and getting the correct answers, and in doing so, they can then go on to help others themselves. What unit(s) do you have? Any thing I can help you with would be a pleasure mate. Live your dreams! HH regards Nugget.:detecting:

well i have the tracker 4 i bought it for my son for xmas and going to buy me one too they are awesome ! i am soooo hooked already! its brought me and my son closer and what fun it is to find even a penny! my son is 12 and gets outstanding grades but hes just not getting the importance of history, well when we dig up any coin with a certain date i slip in little facts about what happend that year and he loves it! lol im going to buy a pinpionter too for gold detecting beacause he like to pan as well so thats a little of my storey thank you for sharing info and helping us beginers nugget, its nice to have a forum like this and people like you on it! we live in the middle of montana right now so we have to waie ground to thaw in spring , but we had a few nice days after xmas and got to detect in the school yard and found some older and several newer coins as well, well ty again good day and god bless

If I was you Scott, I'd look for all the local swimming holes, in creeks, rivers, dams, etc. Hopefully there will be beaches as well at these places. Local kids playgrounds are also great for loot! I've lost count of the number of jewelery items I've found in the playgrounds. If you can afford the 10" coil then I reccomend it strongly, this will get you the extra depth 20% to 25% that will get you down deeper than most other operators can. It's a beauty on the beaches too. I personally refuse to dig the grassed areas, thats just my preference, there are enough kids playgrounds around to not need to. The T4 is an exceptional unit for the price, if you ever upgrade detectors make sure you keep your T4's as backup,:detecting: (take the batteries out if not used for longer than a week). Live your dreams! HH regards Nugget.

Wow. I'd thought you'd hunt lawn as well. There are some very lucrative spots on lawn that I hunt. But like you said, if you can make a living in loose stuff, then you are one lucky guy. Being an inland hunter, 90% of my hunts are on lawn. Even scored a couple of gold rings.
Mick Evans.