Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:ausflag:LS Chest mount booster/speaker?

nugget

I was wondering if any one has thought of using a chest mount booster/speaker with the LS. The same as the ones that work on the minelab units. After using the chest mounts with the GPX 4000 and the SD 2200D I can't stand the wearing of headphones anymore. Maybe some one with a bit of knowledge could look into making them there would likely be an interest. I don't have the knowledge or I'd do it myself. Cheers Nugget.

Hey there Nugget

Long time no hear. I made one that is like the ML version. Got most my parts from radio shack and the conector from Garrett. Total cost were about $55. Here's a link to pictures of mine. Used it yesterday out nugget hunting in N. California. Heres the pics: http://gallery.me.com/bearkat4160#100092

Looks like you did a good job!:thumbup: Do you have a booster included? cheers Nugget.

The speaker system has built in amp! Runs off 1 AA batt.

Alan

Thanks Alan, good hunting Robert.

Why cant Garrett just build one? I just dont get why they are so "VERY ORDINARY" about after sales accessories ?
They could make a fortune out of a really simple gadget!

First time posting for me. I own an Infinium I bought off ebay for $600.00 US.

Most importantly, the GPAA had a Gold Show near where I live. Guess how many Infiniums I saw there?? Yup, ZERO. Guess how many Garrett's I saw... ONE, an Ace 150.
Guess they don't have any vendors, which makes me wonder why not? Is Garrett serious about business or are they about to retire and sell the business? Maybe the son doesn't have the same desires?
Perhaps the business model for Garrett is make a great product, but don't get into a boxing match with your competition. Companies have driven themselves into the ground doing this. One-uping the comepetition is exhausting.

Anyway, good hunting.
Scot. USA.

Considering they don't even have a coil cover for the 8" mono, I think a speaker being produced is a stretch. :(

Hi Bearkat,

Thanks for all this info. I know its an old post but if you were still around on the forum, would it be possible to get some more details of the components you used to make up the unit?

If we couldnt get the components here (we dont have radioshack anymore) , i might order them from the US.

Would really appreciate any help here as I would love to make up a unit like yours,
Cheers

Wazza