Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:ausflag:Night out.

nugget

Hi all, I went out for a spin last night, got 57 coins of which 2 were foreign, 1 pre decimal, plus a toe ring, and half a toy derringer amongst the usual junk. I'm not someone who frightens easily by any stretch of the imagination. However while detecting an out of the way park surrounded by bushland I felt a wave of terror come over me, all my hair stood on end, my heart began pounding madly and I did a runner for the car. The only time something similar happened was 15yrs ago. I was living alone with my doberman in the bush about 10 miles to the nearest homestead. I was sitting beside the fire when the same thing happened, my dog bristled at the same instant and began growling madly and looking around wildly, I grabbed my SKS assault rifle locked and loaded and was in the firing position for about 30 minutes, until the feeling of extreme danger left, and my dog settled down. The feeling was exactly the same as last night, and I reckon that if I did'nt run I'd be dead. Some weird things certainly happen, and I won't be detecting that park at night ever again. No I'm [size=medium]not[/size] crazy either. LIVE YOUR DREAMS! HH Nugget.:detecting:

Nugget:

I listen real close to what my senses tell me, and if they are screaming RUN!!!...I Run!...I believe in Spirits...I have seen them...And no, I am not crazy either...We are all composed of energy, and I believe there is a scientific statement that claims that Energy cannot be destroyed, only altered...I believe that when we die, our energy is just altered, and we continue on in a different state of being. The body withers away, but our consciousness lives on. I have owned dogs most of my life, and I have also learned to trust their instincts...Sounds as if your truly in tune with your surroundings...keep listening to your senses, and You will stay safe and sound...I was sitting here at my computer the other night...no windows open, no fan on, and the room got frigid cold...scared the living crap out of me...my dog would not enter the room when I called for her...There have been 2 deaths in this house...one a dog, the other an old man...do not know which one paid me a visit, but they can knock next time...lol...I do not fear spirits for the most part...most are harmless...there are the Poltergeists that can get fairly nasty, and even cause harm to the living...I think it takes a very angry spirit to muster up the energy to interact with the physical world. My belief is that it takes an incredible amount of energy to move a physical object from the spirit world. It may even require crossing planes of existence. I am just glad that you and your dog are OK...I hunt at night a lot in the warmer seasons, and I know how scary it can get if your out alone...You hear things and see things, and your mind starts to play tricks with you, convincing you there are things near that may not be there...I would take a buddy, but I am finding it hard to find other detectorists in the area I live in who want to connect....Anyways, just let someone know where your going to be, and carry a cell phone with you...In your neck of the woods, I WOULD carry a pistol with me...I hate guns, but I would rather have it and not need it, than not have it and need it...

HH,

BH-LandStar

Hey BH, I would love to be able to carry a side arm, 357 magnum would be beautiful, but the fact is I'm just not allowed by law, if caught I would do serious jail time. I do carry a knife at all times day or night. If I'm out of bed it's on my hip. Hey Gray ghost, I'm about 6 hrs south of any croc habitat, I use to hunt them yrs ago up where I come from, 303 lee enfield and SKS Norinco, .410 hand made pistol and a 223, 270 winchester, and a 12 gauge pump action shotgun with solids, and the 22 cal Hornet. The smaller calibers would be the nose shot, when they got out of the water I'd hit em with the bigger Cal's, worked a treat. This was something very different, I'm a bow hunter from way back too, and have done some amazing stalks, whatever it was, I believe it was stalking me and close! I used to bow hunt with a mate of mine and we saw a cougar, both of us saw it. When we finally got to he spot where it had been sitting beside the stump, I stood beside the stump and it's head had been was slightly higher than hip high on me. Nobody believed us, as you know we aren't supposed to have them in OZ, but the reports of sightings from all over OZ say different. In fact they are in the folk lore of the indigenous Australians (dream time legends) Any how LIVE YOUR DREAMS! HH Nugget.:detecting:

what great posts! here in va. we often have only a narrow time window between ground breaking to actual construction. sometimes detecting at night becomes a necessary evil dealing with tight time frames. you can believe me my friend, we watch the bulldozers like hawks and get a good picture of the progress of ground stripping/shaving. i know its kinda creepy hunting at night for a lot of people, but has never bothered me. i treat the night hunt almost the same way i do a day hunt - take a cell phone, extra water and batteries, and candybars. if in woods, the 9mm goes with me[poisonous snakes,rabid animals,etc.] im the kinda guy who will search anywhere,anytime,anyplace that im allowed to go. i dont check any of my finds while nighthunting either, which in itself gives me more time to detect. were really fortunate in the u.s. in that we dont have the types of dangerous animals that nugget has to deal with. hh,

Nugget, I know what you are talking about. I have been stalked by a grizzly more times then I care to mention. (I live at the east entrance of Yellowstone Park) One even came within one step and a split second of losing its life.We are heavily armed plus bear pepper spray as a general rule. This has shaken me up but never terrorized me. I will share one thing that happened to me in the field that did terrorize me like your experience. I came across an Indian burial cave one time while rock hounding with my wife. Like a fool, I went in and disturbed the grave looking for artifacts. My wife would not go in because she felt uncomfortable. (Really, so did I but the thought of finding something cool over came my apprehension) I could tell from the rocks that were piled on the grave that this was very old and some one went through alot of work to build the mound at the back of the cave. As I started digging down I started to come across the tiny bird bones that the Crow Chiefs used to use to make their chest plates. There were hundreds of them. That is when all hell broke loose. It was is if the air in that cave was sucked out. There was a negative energy in that cave that made me instantly sick to my stomach. (this was not mold or bad air, the cave only went back maybe 30 feet) My wife was thrown from the entrance of that cave. She was not pushed and she did not slip, she was violently thrown from the entrance. She took off screaming in terror. My dog that was with us took off in the opposite direction yelping as if being beat. I know this sounds crazy but it really happened. I know I will never do anything like that again. It took us awhile to regroup and to this day my wife still won't talk about what she saw. She only tells me that it was coming at me and when she screamed it attacked her.

That story gave me the shivers man............sounds like something out of a horror movie. I have an experience of my own, some years ago a dancer friend of mine owned a dance studio that was located in town and I used to crash there with her on the weekends after we came home from clubbing. The studio was also where she resided and she needed someone to look after the place while she was gone for a few days. Answer the phone , take bookings , water the plants that type of thing, besides at the time I was a bit of a rebel and loved the night life so I agreed. Anyways she told me about a spirit or presence inside the building and warned me to not get scared as it was harmless but curious. I rolled my eyes of course at the notion but she said if I didn't taker her seriously she didn't want me there. Agreeing to what she said I told her that I did believe her and I would do what she said "just tell the spirit that everything is ok and talk to it calmly and everything will be fine" if i was to feel its presence. Ok so to make the story shorter the very first night I came back to the studio it happened. I had just taken my shoes off, had a smoke and was about to head upstairs to bed when I started to feel a strange coldness within the room. The candle I had put on started to flicker back and forth wildly but there was no draft or fan or wind in the room. I started to tell myself that everything was ok and headed up to bed. Once in bed I looked downstairs from the beds end because at this point I felt it was closer to me then before yet I couldn't see anything. I looked desperately into the darkness to see something but nothing was there even though I could feels its energy. I then said " its ok I'm not here to hurt anyone or anything I'm going to sleep now". I then laid back in bed and blew out the candle. I stayed there another 3 days without incident and told the owner when she came back what had happened, she just nodded and said I told you so. It turns out that where the building is located there used to be opium dens along the area back in the pioneering days and sometimes chasing the dragon as its called took the occasional life. Maybe that had something to do with it. Not as full on as Wyoming's story but nothing like that has ever happened to me since, the feeling of being scared at that time was so intense and something I will never forget.
Cheers!

I do [size=large]most[/size] of my detecting at night, I've never been scared ever. This incedent was some thing entirely different, it was evil (the only word that comes close to describing it) I only got back tonight from a 2 day trip alone to the goldfields, no gold and as usual lots of lead, and no fear.:detecting:

Don't know nugget...
Might have just been that location you were at when the incident happened...I have a feeling someone met a not so pleasant demise at that spot...I am glad that your current trips are "uneventful"...
As Charlie Daniel's (spelling) said, "There are some things in this world you just can't explain".

HH,

BH-LandStar

Ha Ha, I don't poach/hunt. Ask the wife she'll tell yer I ain't no fraidy cat dude!!! HH regards Nugget.:detecting:

no probs nugget. just having a crack at ya. i respect your experience mate! im gonna ask you lots of q's over the next few...................years...:thumbup: hope you dont mind.

i have some cracker spots i know of. ive been a bowhunter (and rifle) for many years. lived in many towns (my parents were publicans) and have access and know of many lookable places....i should have done this years ago...

One sunny Sunday afternoon in western n.c i was detecting an old log cabin thats said 2 be one of the oldest in the county. i went in the crawl space under the floors thinking if someone in the cabin dropped something maybe it fell Thur. after i got inside i was on my back scooting along (detector laying on my chest) and it was bumpy so i rolled over and looked to see what was so uneven and i swear i was laying on top of 3 graves. i hear this voice that must have been from hell it sounded very evil and was coming from under the cabin i don't know what it said and don't care,i got the gist of it needless to say i came out from under that cabin like i was shot out of a greased shotgun. ain't been back and won't go back. and this was the middle of the day. go figure.......later (this cabin had been vacant for years)

You did the right thing. It was just intuition keeping you safe. Our family has had a couple of similar experiences. When I was first starting to date my now wife, we were travelling with some friends when my wife and another close friend starting to feel extremely edgy. We pulled up at the next town, got out of the car and I gave my wife a hug to reassure her. The other guy who was also feeling extremely edgy, was 50ms up the road. He witnessed a carload of thugs pull right near us, and from what he described, they appeared to want to cause some serious harm to us. He couldn't get to us fast enough, and called out to the Lord to intervene. These thugs, apparently got back into their car and drove off. After that, the unease immediately dissipated from the both of them. I didn't have the same feeling or see the car load of guys.
The second event occurred only a couple of years ago.We knew that the brakes on our car were due to be serviced. My wife was going to drive with the kids the 400kms to Sydney to visit her folks Then book the car in for a service. Just before she left, she got an out of character phone call from her mother, expressing concern that they would have an accident if they drove down and asked if the car was serviceable. Bev booked the car in that day and had the brakes serviced. When she picked the car up, she was told by the mechanic, that if she had driven it to Sydney that day, the brakes would have failed!
So trust your instincts.(Without getting carried away with them of course.)
Mick Evans.

Hey Mick, I'm glad your mate called out to the Lord! God is Good! Live your dreams! HH regards Nugget.:detecting: